Caribou Gear Tarp

Fire's in Idaho

Moosie

Grand poopa
Is there ANY friggin Place in Idaho not no fire ?!?!?!

NEW Spring Doe (Clearwater National Forest): 300 acres at zero percent contained. This is fire is 10 miles northwest of Powell. Creeping, torching and running were observed in timber.

NEW Big Sand (Clearwater National Forest): 100 acres at zero percent contained. This is fire is located 20 miles southeast of Powell. Creeping, torching and running were observed in timber.

NEW Wendover (Clearwater National Forest): 150 acres at zero percent contained. This is fire is located five miles northwest of Powell. Creeping, torching and running were observed in timber.

NEW Bears Oil (Clearwater National Forest): 200 acres at zero percent contained. This is fire is located 10 miles northwest of Powell. Creeping, torching and running were observed in timber.

NEW South Squaw (Clearwater National Forest): 300 acres at zero percent contained. This is fire is located 34 miles southwest of Lolo. Creeping, torching and running were observed in timber.

NEW Cove (Nez Perce National Forest): 182 acres at zero percent contained. This is fire is located 20 miles southwest of Hamilton, Montana.

NEW Fish (Clearwater National Forest): 100 acres at zero percent contained. This is fire is located 25 miles southwest of Powell. Creeping, torching and running were observed in timber.

Canyon Creek (Boise National Forest): 4,100 acres at three percent contained. This is fire is located 20 miles northeast of Lowman. Torching, spotting, crowning, long runs, and rapid rates of spread were observed in multiple drainages. A voluntary evacuation of Bull Trout Campground occurred and Highway 21 is closed.

Information: Call 208-384-3266 or 3268.

Marble (Payette National Forest): 500 acres at zero percent contained. This is located three miles east of Big Creek. No new information was received.

Withington (Salmon-Challis National Forest): 270 acres at zero percent contained. This fire is located 13 miles northwest of Mackay. Active fire behavior with isolated torching and moderate rates of spread was observed.

Sapp (Payette National Forest): 650 acres at zero percent contained. This fire is 15 miles south of Red River Hot Springs. Structure protection is in place for eight residences.

Beaver Lake Complex (Clearwater National Forest): 2,500 acres at five percent contained. This is a complex of four fires located 19 miles southwest of MIssoula. Fire activity was moderated by smoke inversion, lower temperatures and higher humidity. Structure protection is in place for three residences and three commercial properties.

South Fork (Boise National Forest):fire is 25 miles northeast of Cascade. The fire doubled in size yesterday. Structure protection is in place for 58 residences and four commercial buildings. Area roads are closed to the public.

Information: Call 208-384-3266 or 3268.

Hall (Payette National Forest): 1,613 acres at 40 percent contained. This fire is seven miles north of Council. This fire is burning actively in grass, brush and timber with portions of heavy understory. Structure protection is in place for 16 residences.

Information: Visit the Payette National Forest web site or call 208-253-0100.

Falconberry (Salmon Challis National Forest): 2,500 acres at zero percent contained. This fire is 10 miles east of Stanley. Moderate fire behavior with isolated torching and short uphill runs was observed.

North Fork Lick (Payette National Forest): 830 acres at 20 percent contained. This fire is 18 miles northeast of McCall. This incident is comprised of the Grimmet and North Fork Lick fires. The fire is being managed under a confine/contain strategy. Structure protection is in place for 25 residences and one commercial property.

Information: Visit the Payette National Forest web site or call 208-634-0784.

Lost Packer Complex (Salmon-Challis National Forest)710 acres at zero percent contained. This complex is 36 miles northwest of Salmon. The fire burned actively yesterday.

Information: Visit the Salmon-Challis National Forest web site or call 208-756-5100.

Slims (Nez Perce National Forest): 11,550 acres at 60 percent contained. The fire is 35 miles east of Grangeville. Low to moderate fire behavior was observed in ponderosa pine and mixed conifer.

Information: Visit the Clearwater and Nez Perce National Forests web site or call 208-842-2877.

NEW Brush Spoon (Nez Perce National Forest) This 250-acre lightning-caused Wildland Fire Use incident is being managed to accomplish resource objectives. The fire is located 24 miles west of Darby, Montana.

NEW Saddle Fork (Nez Perce National Forest) This 200-acre lightning-caused Wildland Fire Use incident is being managed to accomplish resource objectives. The fire is located 30 miles northeast of Elk City.

Clear/Nez Complex (Clearwater National Forest) This 1,200-acre lightning-caused Wildland Fire Use incident is being managed to accomplish resource objectives. The complex is comprised of eight fires about six miles southeast of Powell Junction. The fires were active yesterday.

the one I don't link is :

Canyon Creek (Boise National Forest): 4,100 acres at three percent contained. This is fire is located 20 miles northeast of Lowman. Torching, spotting, crowning, long runs, and rapid rates of spread were observed in multiple drainages. A voluntary evacuation of Bull Trout Campground occurred and Highway 21 is closed.

thats some Nastey ass Area.. I'm guessing we need to get some rain to put that out
frown.gif
Nothing like a 4,100 Acre fire at 3% contained
rolleyes.gif

I was actually at a fire lookout when they called in the Canyon Creek fire. The guys were saying over the radio that they were pretty sure it was arson.
mad.gif
I love to camp in the Bull Trout area. Arsonists should be shot on sight.

They have it labled as Lightning.. BUT I read the News report of no Lightning and they said Cause "UNKNOWN"... Someone needs an A$$ Whoopin'

What?!?

Nobody from SI to tell you guys what a good thing this is?

Oh, thats right. Its not someones retirement home burning down.

Its someones hunting.

Although I know it's probably a good thing
rolleyes.gif
I think Selective Logging and Some Perscribed burning in areas would be a better thing.

Eith perscribe the burning now, Or it will ALL be burnt later, Either way, It all ballences out
rolleyes.gif

Check my post in Elk Hunting, Mule. Fires may suck for this year, but in a couple of years...

I agree Moosie, some controlled burns would be great. When I was up in Stanley I noticed that there are LOTS of beetle killed trees. Gonna be big fire if it gets that far. If the fires aren't too big and we get some rain, the grasses should put on a spurt of growth in the burns.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back