Firearm shipping rates

MThuntr

Anyone ship a firearm lately?
Things went wild with UPS earlier this week

$45.42 UPS ground
$20.50 additional fees (45% extra fees!)
$8.05 insurance
Rifle shipped is $73.97

Last time i shipped a rifle it was $45 total😳

Guess I'm getting to the "back in my day" stage of my life 😅

This was an FFL to FFL so I managed to get it on the truck. Also those rates went up.
They want $60 a month from me for a business account for firearms. They're saying they'll only do pickup and there's additional fees on top of that.

Last rifle I shipped a few weeks ago was $52 USPS including signature and insurance. CA to ID

I used to use UPS and labeled the contents as barreled actions, one of the managers at the UPS store told me no matter how much I insured it for UPS would not cover any type of loss because it's a prohibited item (from a private party). Long guns have to go through USPS if you do not have a FFL.
And yes, the shipping rate increases have far outpaced fuel price increases. It's a load of Bullshit price gouging imo

They want $60 a month from me for a business account for firearms. They're saying they'll only do pickup and there's additional fees on top of that.
Guess it’s road trip season to Fallon for the RUM. Because there ain’t ANYTHING that’s half way.

Guess it’s road trip season to Fallon for the RUM. Because there ain’t ANYTHING that’s half way.
Mcdermitt is 3hrs.

I'm working on getting flat rates for USPS, and figuring out how to handle sending shipping labels to streamline things.

I won't do business with UPS anymore.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back