Firearm during Archery season?

mrklean

There is chance i will make it to Montana 3-4 days before the rifle season opens figured if i get there early might as well try and bow hunt for a few days, my only questions can i legally have a rifle in my truck while archery hunting? I know some states say no firearms in your possession during archery season, I looked at the reg book and wasnt able to find anything wasnt sure if anyone on here has ran into this before.

I do not know for sure but there are several "Rifle" seasons going on during Archery season.
And all of bird season is open. For instances we can use rifles for turkey , or coyotes, Prairie dogs, bear many shoulder elk seasons.
If in doubt contact the FWP:

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks

1420 East Sixth Avenue
P.O. Box 200701
Helena, MT 59620-0701

Phone: (406) 444-2535
Fax: (406) 444-4952
E-mail: [email protected]

Good hunting

Last edited:
Ive got an email into them as well figured it would take them a few days to get back to me

You can absolutely have a rifle in your truck in archery season. Probably be frowned on if you carried it out in the field with you. The more relevant is the fact that you say 3-4 days before rifle season opens. Archery season closes Sunday 10-14 and rifle opens the following sat 10-20. Season is closed for that week.

Last edited:
People have rifles and guns in their truck around here about 24/7 so I wouldn't worry about if it was in your truck during any season or time of the year

Got an email back legal to have in truck, even said legal to carry in the field since predators and nongame are open and not regulated.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back