Fire?

Birddog916

Hi guys,
I’ve been doing a lot of e-scouting for my September AZ elk tag and have found some great E-spots. I’m hanging trail cams in June and am trying to narrow down my “great e-spots” to 9 from about 25, as I have 9 trail cams. Of course nothing beats boots on the ground, so I’ll adapt once I get there if I’m seeing more sign in one area over another but; there have been 3 wild fires in my unit under 7 years old one in 2019, one in 2018 and another in 2014. Do y’all think the 2014 fire area will be the best for elk forage area?
Also, I’m not great a using OnX (Noob) and seem to have turned on a strange recreational map layer that obscures the aerial when zoomed in. I’ve tried turning it off in the my layers menu but can’t seem to get it off. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

There should be good food in 19 as long as the fire didn’t burn too hot.

General rule is newer to older. I might focus on the 2018 vs the 2019 fire, but definitely depends on a few variables. When you get there see what you have for feed in the area and deadfall. But there should be spots within both that would be productive. Animal sign will tell you that.

Post some screen shots of your OnX question here: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/ask-your-onx-hunt-questions-here.277109/page-26

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back