Fire evac questions..

The lightening started around 9:00 PM around me followed by some pretty good cloudbursts. No fires that I know of. Some rain and cooler today. Nice to have a little bit of a break from the irrigation even if it's just for a little while.

Worse than decks are decorative cedar shingle roofs. Just as well throw gasoline on the house! Hard to believe those fancy homes can even buy insurance. Maybe they can't.

C393FBEE-E711-48FF-A67A-F3A1D0C89D02.jpegThis is my garage a couple years ago. Fire completely around us 360 degrees. Was a pain. Instead of emptying both gun safes I promised myself I’d build a fireproof box around the safes so I could just leave them. Dangit I never got to it. I should have.....

Noon report is the forest service scout plane is flying a grid pattern over the south end of the Minam drainage. She’s not seeing any smoke.

We have a large fire burning in the prairie breaks area. Having talked with a coworker who got roped into helping when he delivered water to the fire crews, Sunday-acquire some wild land firefighting cloths. Boots, non flammable pants and shirt.

coworker was fighting fire in sandals and shorts. Buddy of mine learned to bring a pair of boots when visiting after cooling is tennis shoes in the stock tank between fire attacks.

I have a defendable facility. All buildings have metal roofs. The upwind side has 200yds of hay fields which are processed by fire season. I keep a D-7 cat in the yard and my tractor is hooked up to a 12 disc. Should the fields start burning a fire line should be in order shortly. Most of my land is set up as a mosaic of pasture land separated with blocks of conifers - all down wind and broken up with roads and fire lines.

On top of that we are three miles from the fire department. It's easier to plan on larger blocks of land with distant neighbors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back