Finn from the Cascades, Season 4

JLS

We’re back. We passed. Three other dogs didn’t. It’s a hard test with lots of areas where little shit can go wrong and fail a dog.

Finn took a wrong turn back on his 300m fox drag and retrieve, got a little lost, and I had to whistle him in. He took a big scoring hit as a result, or he would have had an exceptional score.

Finn got very high praise for his blood track (10 minutes for a 400m overnight track) and was never off track by more than about 5-10m.

B3B13C67-5AAA-4FB1-81C3-3A5D21C0357D.jpeg

I waffled a LOT early in the year on whether to do this test. Having done it, I will take every future Drahthaar through this level. The bond with the dog and the utility of the skill set is invaluable.

F69AEBE8-968D-4419-AFA1-E1ABD6D58556.jpeg

We’ll be getting hips and shoulders x-rayed. A breeder at the test was very interested in Finn.

kansasdad

There is a ton prep work for that single piece of paper to score that well. Congratulations to both of you On such an outstanding result.

The english subtitles are in such small font, that at first I didn’t see them, and on further inspection, some areas don’t have the translations.

JLS

There is a ton prep work for that single piece of paper to score that well. Congratulations to both of you On such an outstanding result.

The english subtitles are in such small font, that at first I didn’t see them, and on further inspection, some areas don’t have the translations.
Thank you. The scoresheet at this link has the translations, as well as an explanation of each task.

stillkickin

Way to go, both you and Finn sure earned it!

Best wishes for a great fall season, I’ll be on the sidelines nursing Molly through some tough times to the end.

Road hunting is all it looks like she can handle. But her heart is still in the hunt.

Reactions: JLS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpuck51