PEAX Equipment

Finally got one...

ELKCHSR

I hiked up some 2000 feet starting at four yesterday afternoon. Took just a little over an hour. The climb is almost straight up. Got to the top of the hill and there he was. A dandy little four point muley standing some 60 yards away. So I pulled up my 300 wthby and double lunged him..He went some 75 yards off out thru the timber the wrong way over the hill and expired. The blood trail was easy to follow, every time he breathed, blood was sprayed 10 feet on both sides of his trail. Got him cleaned in the dark and started off the mountain. He is a very heavy bodied animal and I had a heck of a time. Sprained my thumb twice, fell on a rock and took a four by six patch of hide off the side of my leg, and could never get it pulled side hill out of the gully. So my body feels like I took on Greenhorn in a boxing match. I did get the deer into the truck finally. The sucker must weigh 200 lbs with out the guts. I will get a more accurate reading later on and they just don't lift into a truck when they are as floppy as a noodle and weigh more than you do. Got it in and on the road, only took four hours...Five if you figure the hike there to. Not to bad. We won't add up the last three weeks...When I get back from school next week, I will have to try again for an elk..I will have help this time though..One of the nephews will be along... :D :D :D

As soon as I get them developed, scanned and sent to Elkhunter or Delw to post...Soon though.... :D :D :D

Good job

Glad to hear it only took you 5 hours to get back. From what you said, sounds like they would have had to send out a stretcher for you by the time you were done.
looking forward to seeing the pics and the measurements.
When you coming down here to hunt some real rough country? ;)

Way to go,now get those pictures to someone that can post them.
I know what you mean on trying to load a hole dead animal by yourself.
My antelope took me a while to get up on my ATV by myself.
Hope you have as good of luck on that elk hunt.

Way to go Russ, congrats on your buck!! Can't wait to see the pictures either, now you got some tasty deer meat in the freezer!!

Thanks all!!!!
I am on my way to the taxidermist right now. He was 160 lbs, I probably won't have it scored, wasn't a monster, but will look good on the wall. It was a small 4x5. This was the first time I walked into the woods looking for some thing and wasn't carring My Moosie hat and t-shirt..I wonder if there is a correlation on the luck or not..LOL...Probably not...I think!!! :eek: :D :D :D

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-02-2002 14:05: Message edited by: ELKCHSR ]</font>

You should be :mad: You let us all down.

Naw ;) Maybe it works different for you.

But I will admit that I was wearing my HuntTalk.com hat when I killed my deer and my goose. I also was wearing when my 2 boys had a chance at a deer and when the oldest killed his squirrel . :cool: It even works out well for me when I wear it to bed. I even get lucky there :eek:

Nut!!It is way to cold here to run around with a baseball cap on when the sun drops below the horizon...I don't normally wear hads any way..
Thanks Bill... :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back