Finally!!! Bears, Elk, Birds??? Pics

IdahoBugler

After 3 weeks we finally have some animals hitting the baits. Here are a couple pics of the visitors. These pics are from the new digital camera and I'm starting to like it a lot. Bait Site #1 had the 35mm camera on it so we will have to see what hit that after they are developed.

DGC_0009.jpg

DGC_0025.jpg

DGC_0062.jpg

DGC_0065.jpg

Two visitors. Can you see the other one?
DGC_0087.jpg

Same here!
DGC_0086.jpg

DGC_0103.jpg

A very cool thing happened to Wiley and I when we were coming back. A wolf ran across the road right in front of us and ran up the hill. He just swam the river and was soaking wet. We got a couple quick pics of him as he was heading up the hill. I wish we could of had more time to get better pics.
Wolf.jpg

Thanks for sharing the great pics!

Mr Lupis looks like he's striking out for parts unknown! Way cool!

Those are some cool pics IB. That bear doesn't have a chance against that well hung field mouse at that bait site. He should just give up while he can. Hopefully you can get up there and get a chance at that bear during daylight hours.

That bear looks like one happy critter....

Thanks for sharing the pics, they were pretty cool.. :)

Neat pics IdahoBugler.
The crows or ravens remind me of something that happened on friday.
I picked my daughter from Kent State at 5 pm. She said that she just had the most horrible experince. She and a friend were walking back from tanning and all of a sudden a crow was screaming. Other female students started screaming and her friend looked to her right and started screaming and running. She said she looked and started screaming and but couldn't move.

A huge owl had a crow in it talons and was flying right at her. The crow was going nuts but the owl never made a peep. She closed her eyes when it was about to hit her and she swears she felt feathers brush her face.

I wish I could of seen that.

Ol' JACK (Jack Black, the bear is Black.... Jack is Jack Blacks first name... work with me folks :D ).. But Jack has been coming into that site for some time now. IDBugler has bumped it once in the daylight but it likes to come in late. We relocated the site a little to hopefully change his habits. (BY Changing it I mean we put it further "UP" the hill. Something about wind, more hikeing .. Heck, I don't know. But he's back again this year. Hopefully he'll be as easy as IDBuglers last year bear to pack out !!

We put a stand in a new spot. We figured we'd give it a wirl since I have some land in the Lowman/Stanley area. Wylee got the trail cam Pics and will upload them soon. I think IDBugler has his eye on that bear, It's a color phase mohawky type of bear..... and I'm not going to fight him for it ;)

No one is asking us what We bait with. does everyone know jsut by looking at it ?

I'm pretty sure this is the same bear that has been coming in for quite some time now. I did walk up on him while he was eating a couple of years ago. I was 50 yards out but the wind was blowing so hard I didn't want to risk a bad shot. I tried getting closer but he busted me. Here is a pic of him 2 years ago. Pics are crappy because they were taken with my video camera.
IMGA0076.jpg

IMGA0074.jpg

We're still waiting for this guy to come in. He showed up last year and was still blond.
P1000940.jpg

Good call Cathunt, looks like popcorn to me too. Now the question is . . . how many visits to see Brokeback Mtn. did it take to smuggle so much popcorn to the truck? :)

Looks like Bambistew knows his baits. We have Cornflakes, cocoa puffs, and rice crispies. Of course with some added jello and pop for a sweetener. The occasional honey, bacon, jello burn rounds out the trip.

Wiley had the film developed on the 35mm camera and it looks like we have young 'en hitten that site. Plus another pretty cool critter.

bear07-3.jpg

bear07-1.jpg

pinemartin.jpg

YAh.... cocoa puffs, cornflakes and rice crispies. I personally still had 4-4'x4'x4' boxes of cereal left this year after baiting lat year. Wylee has a bunch more. If we could jst get a Milk cow up there we would be doing well :) :)

Nice pics.You ever have any bears go after the trailcam?
Almost everytime we go up and check them. I had a bear at this sit rip the camera off the tree and take a chit on it. I was really hoping it was the bear I shot but I'll never know.

Back