Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Fifty-six Deceits in Fahrenheit 911

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
Iraq and al Qaeda

Deceit 37

Moore declares that George Bush completely fabricated an Iraq/al Qaeda connection in order to deflect attention from his Saudi masters. But consider the facts presented in Stephen F. Hayes's book, The Connection : How al Qaeda's Collaboration with Saddam Hussein Has Endangered America (N.Y.: HarperCollins, 2004). The first paragraph of the last chapter (pp. 177-78) sums up some of the evidence:

Iraqi intelligence documents from 1992 list Osama bin Laden as an Iraqi intelligence asset. Numerous sources have reported a 1993 nonaggression pact between Iraq and al Qaeda. The former deputy director of Iraqi intelligence now in U.S. custody says that bin Laden asked the Iraqi regime for arms and training in a face-to-face meeting in 1994. Senior al Qaeda leader Abu Hajer al Iraqi met with Iraqi intelligence officials in 1995. The National Security Agency intercepted telephone conversations between al Qaeda-supported Sudanese military officials and the head of Iraq's chemical weapons program in 1996. Al Qaeda sent Abu Abdallah al Iraqi to Iraq for help with weapons of mass destruction in 1997. An indictment from the Clinton-era Justice Department cited Iraqi assistance on al Qaeda "weapons development" in 1998. A senior Clinton administration counterterrorism official told the Washington Post that the U.S. government was "sure" Iraq had supported al Qaeda chemical weapons programs in 1999. An Iraqi working closely with the Iraqi embassy in Kuala Lumpur was photographed with September 11 hijacker Khalid al Mihdhar en route to a planning meeting for the bombing of the USS Cole and the September 11 attacks in 2000. Satellite photographs showed al Qaeda members in 2001 traveling en masse to a compound in northern Iraq financed, in part, by the Iraqi regime. Abu Musab al Zarqawi, senior al Qaeda associate, operated openly in Baghdad and received medical attention at a regime-supported hospital in 2002. Documents discovered in postwar Iraq in 2003 reveal that Saddam's regime harbored and supported Abdul Rahman Yasin, an Iraqi who mixed the chemicals for the 1993 World Trade Center attack...

Hayes is a writer for The Weekly Standard and much of his writing on the Saddam/Osama connection is available there for free; simply use the search engine and look for articles by Hayes.

Fahrenheit shows Condoleezza Rice saying, “Oh, indeed there is a tie between Iraq and what happened on 9/11.” The audience laughs derisively. Here is what Rice really said:

Oh, indeed there is a tie between Iraq and what happened on 9/11. It’s not that Saddam Hussein was somehow himself and his regime involved in 9/11, but, if you think about what caused 9/11, it is the rise of ideologies of hatred that lead people to drive airplanes into buildings in New York.

I agree with Hayes that there is significant evidence suggesting possible Iraqi involvement in 9/11, but Moore deceptively cut the Rice quote to fool the audience into thinking she was making a particular claim, even though she was pointedly not making such a claim.
web page

Documemtary or Propaganda????? You be the judge.

Propaganda

Actually Elkchsr, if you are a proponent of Bush and opponent of Moore, this is where you are supposed to say "Documentary".

Hey Ovis,

Welcome to SI.... Is this your first post??? One thing you have to learn is that Elkcheese does not have a clue what he means when he posts.

We have been encouraging him to search all over Anaconda for a clue, but alas, he remains clueless. Sometimes he means the opposite than what he posts, other times he means nothing....

Hey Fecl,
That 56 list is pretty funny... The guy's defense on some of them is "So...." and on other's it is "Yeah, Dubya did that, but other did too...."

That was the first, and I guess this will be the last...I just can't bring myself to making you look silly here

I'll slide back into my little hidey hole and return to browsing the SI.

See you tomorrow...don't forget the pics.

I'm amazed that one word and no pictures can illicite so many useless words from gunner...
Thanks.... I feel honored that you can see so much thru your looking glass in such a far away place when given so little, "Your so smart, can I be your friend"
.... ;)

ElkCheese,
The more amazing thing is that you can give a 1 word answer, and completely miss what you are trying to communicate. :(

Did they have teachers where you went to school?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back