Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Fierce Fury 7mm mag/Leupold Mark 5

Desk Pop

I purchased this gun from the special at the Hunt Expo after months of consideration of many companies.

I went through the 20 round break-in process this week and yesterday took the rifle out to shoot for groups.

I used the recommended 160 grain Barnes TSX.

The first factory rounds I used for groups produced a .25 inch, 3 shot group. This was shot 34, 35 and 36 from the rifle. Once I proved the rifle could shoot, I dialed up for some long range steel and had some fun.

I broke it in unsuppressed because of all the cleaning but put on a SilencerCo Omega 300 after 20 shots. The barrel has a 1/2 28 threading, which I was concerned with. I emailed SilencerCo before getting the rifle and they said that threading is fine for a 7mm with a 24 inch barrel.

The scope is a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18x44 mounted with Vortex Precision Matched Rings. Love the scope, but wish they made lower rings. It is a 35mm tube, which is great, but because the objective is 44mm, it could sit lower. Problem is that you just need a certain amount of steel for the screws to hold those big rings so it limits how low you can go. Not a big deal. Used my buddy's Bradley cheek riser, which I will buy...lightweight but stable.

I am impressed with the rifle. It has a good feel, is medium weight, and shoots well. I will see if I can take care of a few marmots this week.

Attachments

• 20200328_144057.jpg
    20200328_144057.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 20200328_135733.jpg
    20200328_135733.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
I purchased this gun from the special at the Hunt Expo after months of consideration of many companies.

I went through the 20 round break-in process this week and yesterday took the rifle out to shoot for groups.

I used the recommended 160 grain Barnes TSX.

The first factory rounds I used for groups produced a .25 inch, 3 shot group. This was shot 34, 35 and 36 from the rifle. Once I proved the rifle could shoot, I dialed up for some long range steel and had some fun.

I broke it in unsuppressed because of all the cleaning but put on a SilencerCo Omega 300 after 20 shots. The barrel has a 1/2 28 threading, which I was concerned with. I emailed SilencerCo before getting the rifle and they said that threading is fine for a 7mm with a 24 inch barrel.

The scope is a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18x44 mounted with Vortex Precision Matched Rings. Love the scope, but wish they made lower rings. It is a 35mm tube, which is great, but because the objective is 44mm, it could sit lower. Problem is that you just need a certain amount of steel for the screws to hold those big rings so it limits how low you can go. Not a big deal. Used my buddy's Bradley cheek riser, which I will buy...lightweight but stable.

I am impressed with the rifle. It has a good feel, is medium weight, and shoots well. I will see if I can take care of a few marmots this week.
Very nice Rifle Nick, I have been eye balling one of those for awhile. Congrats!

What kind of cheek rest is on there?

Back