Field & Stream stores purchased by Sportsman’s Warehouse

No wonder Field and Stream, "Top Ten" articles are a crap-fest of sponsored endorsements... It's parent store is (or was) Dicks...

Don't be an offpointed Dick, Dick... 😉

Loved this part...
“Although the broader hunt industry also remains challenged, we believe that our firearms policy changes have contributed to a continuing decline in our hunt business,” the company said in its most recent quarterly report.

No shit Sherlock! Haha!

i live near one that was bought. i actually enjoyed field and stream as they had a decent selection and they did price match. Its nice to be able to put your hands on an item instead of just ordering it over the internet. I was at a sportsmans warehouse recently and to be honest i thought there prices were a little high.

i live near one that was bought. i actually enjoyed field and stream as they had a decent selection and they did price match. Its nice to be able to put your hands on an item instead of just ordering it over the internet. I was at a sportsmans warehouse recently and to be honest i thought there prices were a little high.

I kinda had the opposite feeling, the one in Denver has good prices and a pretty amazing selection of firearms IMHO.

The F&S nearest me (I live in PA.) is a nice store but it's in NY. Can u say " Cali east"!!!! Love the store and the folks but the weapon policies are a mess......not the stores fault, blame the politicos. Too bad really. I'll def be there for other items though.

This would be bit awkward here in Davenport since dicks and field and stream are in the same building.

I'm curious as to how they'll deal with the Field & Stream branded items that they carry in the store?

More than half of the inventory in them are Field & Stream branded. I haven't heard anything if Dick's actually sold them the brand name as well?

FYI the Field & Stream stores are not affiliated with the Field & Stream magazine...
Surprised they hold the same name in an affiliated realm of business. Pretty amazing, having researched this further how much distance they wanted from Dicks once Dicks dropped their firearm sales... Would be interesting to learn of the adverse impact on Field & Stream Magazine due to Dicks, being Dicks.

I actually quite liked the F&S store when there was one close by. The store-branded gear actually seemed to be decent quality, and they carried a good selection of products and brands. It was a little weird that it was sandwiched next to a Dick's but otherwise I was pretty happy with it.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back