Caribou Gear Tarp

Few New Mounts Completed

Buschy

In the last year I have made an effort to get caught up on some taxidermy at our house. There are always a few things I would change, but overall I am pleased with how everything turned out:

2017 Mulies - This is my wife's first mulie and my best to date. I built the pedestal and put in way more time than I expected on this project.

Mulies.JPG

2018 Sheep

IMG_0988 (1).jpg

IMG_0989 (4).jpg

2019 Elk - My wife shot a 7x8 bull in an OTC unit and I was told it was getting mounted when we walked up to it. No arguments from me.

Elk 3.jpg

Elk 2.jpg

2021 Mt. Goat - My wife and I were both fortunate enough to get Mt. Goats last year. She wanted a rug and I did a shoulder mount on mine.

Goat Rug.jpg

Goat.jpg

Finally - My wife has been asking to tan an elk the last few years. Last year I shot a big bodied bull, with a great hide, that was in an easier place to pack out. Carrying that hide out, fleshing it and salting it was again a much bigger process than I expected. It turned out well though.

Bull Rug.jpg

The mounts and rugs are all great memories. Next up is a WY antelope for my daughter and a big CO whitetail from a few years ago. Probably after hunting season though. I hope everyone has a great fall!

In the last year I have made an effort to get caught up on some taxidermy at our house. There are always a few things I would change, but overall I am pleased with how everything turned out:

2017 Mulies - This is my wife's first mulie and my best to date. I built the pedestal and put in way more time than I expected on this project.

View attachment 231897

2018 Sheep

View attachment 231900

View attachment 231901

2019 Elk - My wife shot a 7x8 bull in an OTC unit and I was told it was getting mounted when we walked up to it. No arguments from me.

View attachment 231893

View attachment 231892

2021 Mt. Goat - My wife and I were both fortunate enough to get Mt. Goats last year. She wanted a rug and I did a shoulder mount on mine.

View attachment 231898

View attachment 231894

Finally - My wife has been asking to tan an elk the last few years. Last year I shot a big bodied bull, with a great hide, that was in an easier place to pack out. Carrying that hide out, fleshing it and salting it was again a much bigger process than I expected. It turned out well though.

View attachment 231899

The mounts and rugs are all great memories. Next up is a WY antelope for my daughter and a big CO whitetail from a few years ago. Probably after hunting season though. I hope everyone has a great fall!
Awsome work!
The memories seem more important every year!

Your wife’s bull is incredible.
What's crazy is I had already filled my CO bull tag a with a nice 5x5 a few weeks earlier. The morning of her hunt there was a gorgeous, clean 6x6 and four cows travelling with her bull. After she anchored her bull, the 6x6 and cows stood there looking at their fallen buddy before slowly walking off. I was sooo happy for my wife, but was kicking myself for not having a tag!

Back