Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Fenwick Rods

Griztrax

This is a long shot on here as the fishing forum doesn't get near the traffic of other forums, but here goes. I have a one year old Fenwick spinning rod that I received as a gift from my boys last Father's Day. I like the rod a lot but the other week it simply snapped in half under light/moderate stress. I have broken tips before but never had a virtually new rod of this caliber snap in half. Turns out Fenwick is part of the "Pure Fishing" family of fishing companies and so I had to follow warranty instructions on their web page. I did everything asked of me via email and here we are 6 weeks later and no response from Pure Fishing or Fenwick. I'm pretty sure I will never be getting a reply. Sportsmans Warehouse will not exchange it because they say I have to go through the manufacturer for warranty claims. My local sporting goods store has offered to exchange it for a new rod as they are authorized to do that through Pure Fishing but the kicker is they don't have any Fenwick rods to exchange and who knows when some will come in. Very nice of them to offer though. Anyway, I'm about out of options and looking for advise from anyone that has dealt with Fenwick or Pure Fishing. Any thoughts would be appreciate. Thanks!

It took ages (like two-plus months), but I successfully got a warranty replacement on a Fenwick Aetos fly rod about three years ago. I imagine their response time is even slower now with covid employee retention issues and whatnot. Keep pestering them with polite followups every week or so.

Sorry do not know much about fenwick but I broke one of my st croix walleye rods on a big pike a couple of years ago and their customer service was awesome. So I guess if you’re looking for a company that backs their stuff I would recommend a st croix

Sorry do not know much about fenwick but I broke one of my st croix walleye rods on a big pike a couple of years ago and their customer service was awesome. So I guess if you’re looking for a company that backs their stuff I would recommend a st croix
Funny you should say that as I just took my new St Croix out two nights ago. I heard great things about their warranty program and my son loves his so I splurged on one for myself. If Fenwick ever gets off the pot and warranties my broken one, I will have two good options.

My opinion, Take up your local shops offer and exchange it for someone they recommend and that has better customer service.

There are a few local businesses here in Montana that offer good service and quality products.

I know they dont offer any spin rods from what I can tell but Bozemen flyworks makes a heck of a nice fly rod, and much cheaper then a equivalent sage or Winston.

I agree with KB. Take a different rod. Lots of folks on the fly fishing forums have had trouble with Pure Fishing customer service. A shame, too, as Fenwick was top notch. Still have one of their fiberglass pack rods. Still catches fish once in a while.

Couple rods I got are Berkley Cherrywood. Cost about $20 each on Amazon. They break and it's probably a loss of $20. Can't get a Fenwick that inexpensive I don't think. Recenty got two new Shakespere Ugly Sticks, cost me about $37 ea. They break in less than 30 days I'd give then back to Wal Mart! They break in over 30 days I'd get a hold of Shakespere but guess I'd end up eating $37, ouch! Imagine if they were one of those really expensive rods! I don't buy them! A $30 rod slammed in a car door breaks, so does a $300 rod!

Back