Feeling grateful for the good people out there

jquigley

Those of you that know me, know I haven't had the best of luck the last few years.

On my way back from a spring bear hunt two years ago, a botched oil change blew the engine on my relatively new truck.

Last season, someone broke into my truck and took just about every piece of hunting and camping gear I had.

Last week, when @theat and I finished our backcountry float with my first ever moose, someone stole the rack!

All that being said, more often than not, somebody in my life goes the extra mile to help and balance out the challenges.

When my gear got stolen, offers of loaners from several hunt talkers flooded in and a random dealer cut me a huge break to replace my optics. That alone took so much of the sting out of things.

Before we left Alaska, I visited every person I could strike up a conversation with in Tok. Filed a police report, put up a reward poster in the outfitter, mentioned it to a friend at 40 mile air and emailed pictures to everyone interested enough to ask. Two days later, I had a random voicemail from troopers in Alaska telling my the antlers had been recovered and I couldn't believe it! Even better than that was the way the entire community seemed to be excited for me. I got three calls from strangers to let me know the rumor was they'd been recovered.

In particular, I just want to give a shout out to Troopers Harris and Landers who were so excited to provide some good news for once. Maybe even more so, the local antler buyer who knew something about the deal was sketchy and not only did something about it, he risked paying the guy a hundred bucks he knew he might not see again and immediately brought them to the troopers. I hear a lot of bad things about guys in that business, but if you're in the area and have antlers to unload, Bronk Jorgensen is one of the good guys.

Cheers to all you good guys out there!

A glass half full is pretty easy to match w gratitude. It takes much more discipline to do so when the glass is 20% full. Impressive display of deliberate gratitude(y) Nobody can take that away from you, JQ, come what may. When you share that gratitude with others, especially those who help you, your glass fills up.

I’ve had antlers stolen before. They were just sheds, but man it was a kick in the ass. I’m glad somebody found your antlers and returned them. That’s awesome. On a side note, if my wife’s tubes somehow miraculously untie themselves and I have a son, Bronk will be a name on the list, that’s awesome! I happy for you, hopefully your luck continues to get better.
Zach

Back