Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Feds sell naming rights to iconic public lands

katqanna

Business parks: Feds sell naming rights to iconic public lands ;)

Citing budgetary shortfalls, federal agencies announced Wednesday that they had auctioned off naming rights to over 100 million acres of public lands, effective immediately.

In a joint press release, the U.S. Forest Service and National Park Service said that hundreds of iconic parcels will now bear the monikers of major corporations. “We’re pleased to collaborate with our private partners in stewarding our nation’s public lands,” states the release. “It gives us great pleasure to know that future generations of Americans will be able to raft down the Grand PepsiCo Canyon, hike across the Anheuser-Busch Badlands, and gaze upon the transcendent peaks of North Cascades Presented by Citibank.”...

I think the lady is pulling an April Fools on us this time, but God help us if some Fed sees this and thinks it's the perfect way to balance the budget!

I laughed my ass off reading this. I loved " 'Our budgetary situation is approaching a state of crisis,' said Forest Service spokesman Alice Offerman. 'Which is why we’re so excited about Valero Valles Caldera and Kinder Morgan Kootenai.' Adds the release: 'This new source of revenue will allow us to undertake essential management activities such as trails maintenance, scientific research, and the purchase of military-grade weapons for standoffs with heavily armed Bundy acolytes.' "

There you go roadhunter, we now have an answer for the fed govt. Bundy debacle. Instead of our cities getting these bloody assault tanks, we should have sent them to the BLM for the welfare rancher standoffs.

There you go roadhunter, we now have an answer for the fed govt. Bundy debacle. Instead of our cities getting these bloody assault tanks, we should have sent them to the BLM for the welfare rancher standoffs.

Please noooooooooooo!!! By the time they get done designing the training and maintenance facilities for the tanks, going through the environmental studies, making the bidding process so complicated nobody with a reasonable price will bid the work, fix all the design mistakes with change orders, buy transportation equipment, get the people trained, etc, etc, .. it will cost taxpayers more than just letting Bundy and his family graze all of Utah free of charge.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back