Yeti GOBOX Collection

Federal Trophy Bonded ammo

Gr8bawana

Any of you guys have any experience with Federal Trophy Bonded Tip ammo on elk size animals? My son has a bull elk tag for rifle season here in NV.
He will be using my wife's .270 Win. and bought a box of those bullets in 130 grain, they group pretty good from the rifle.
He also got a box of Feredal Fusion ammo in 150 grain and those group extremely well but I've read some reviews from guys that said they fragmented and are more for deer size game.
I think plain old fashioned Core-lokt ammo would work just fine and they fly very well from that rifle also.

Sorry I mispoke on the ammo. It is actually Federal Premium Vital Shock Trophy Copper ammo in 130 grain

Last edited:
Any of the 3 you mentioned will work just fine if you put it right behind the shoulder. That said, I'd be using nosler partitions...

I use 140 grain Trophy Bonded Tips for my wife's 7mm-08. I would have no hesitations shooting at an elk out the 300 yrds with that load.

I should have added, While I have no doubt about the TTBBC to tip elk over, I just could not get those to shoot in my 280.

I killed a pretty decent sized black bear and a cow elk, with the trophy copper. It performed really well on both. Similar to a Barnes or gmx. Mine were 165 grn out of a 300 WSM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back