Caribou Gear Tarp

Federal Mag Shok turkey loads?

B

Bio Bo

For weeks now I have been trying to find some more Federal Mag Shok turkey loads to no avail. The 3" #4 Hi Velocity copper coated lead shot is what I want, but I can't find them anywhere locally. And Cabella's even has a 5-6 week estimated backorder... up from 2-3 weeks about a month ago. I originally purchased them from Bass Pro; but they don't have them anymore, nor does Gander Mt., Academy, or any of the smaller local stores.
What gives? I know ammunition can be hard to get nowadays, but this is ridiculous. I really like how this load performs, but it's awful hard for Federal retailers to sell out of an empty wagon.
I figured since Federal has stepped up to sponsor OYOA someone from Federal might be reading this blog and be able to answer my question. So why is there so much of a backorder problem w/ your ammunition?

........Since Federal has stepped up to sponsor OYOA someone from Federal might be reading this blog and be able to answer my question. So why is there so much of a backorder problem w/ your ammunition?

Maybe because they sent so much of it to me. :D Just kidding - I only have four boxes for testing purposes.

I don't know the reason, other than demand for all ammo and components has been at all-time highs and I know they are back ordered on many types of ammo and as quick as they deliver the new inventory, it is gone.

And, because they make such good ammo, they have more difficulty keeping up with demand. Probably not an issue with their lower quality competitors. ;)

I will ask the person I deal with. If I find out anything, I will let you know.

Maybe because they sent so much of it to me. :D Just kidding - I only have four boxes for testing purposes.

I don't know the reason, other than demand for all ammo and components has been at all-time highs and I know they are back ordered on many types of ammo and as quick as they deliver the new inventory, it is gone.

And, because they make such good ammo, they have more difficulty keeping up with demand. Probably not an issue with their lower quality competitors. ;)

Thanks, Fin. If this was not an ongoing situation, I would not have said a word. But I've been looking all winter to buy some more of that particular load, and I can't find it. I've got enough to get me through this turkey season... if I don't start missing or waste some of what I have.
Gander Mt in Texarkana had the #5's and #6's on the shelf earlier this week, but no #4's. But that's as close as I've come, and they were $4 a box higher than Cabella's. Go figure... I guess others have found out that the #4's pattern better in their guns too.

I was at the Cabella's store in FW yesterday, and I found some Mag Shok 3" #4's. But they had only 4 boxes on the shelf, and I bought 2 of them. So I'm good for awhile, but that still doesn't answer why there's this evident shortage of availability.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back