Federal Fusion

Rooster52

I shoot Federal Fusion 150 grain in my 7mm mag and get good accuracy. Does anyone know what bullet Federal uses in there Fusion ammo? I heard Speer Deep Curl but that was from what I would say is an unreliable source. What do you think?

Its a Fusion bullet; the deep curls were very similar but not quite the same. The fusion is not currently available as a component bullet, but I've heard rumblings they may be at some point. I'm among those that hope they are soon, I've had great luck with them and always found them to shoot well.

The Hornady Interbonds are great bullets as well. [Edit: Nevermind, apparently they are temporarily suspended.]

Federal would probably be smart to start selling bullets alongside their other components. I would bet that the Trophy Bonded, Trophy Bonded Tipped, and Trophy Copper would sell well alongside the Fusions. I have had good luck shooting themin Federal Factory Loads.

Federal would probably be smart to start selling bullets alongside their other components. I would bet that the Trophy Bonded, Trophy Bonded Tipped, and Trophy Copper would sell well alongside the Fusions. I have had good luck shooting themin Federal Factory Loads.

I believe the bullets are made by other manufacturers and rebranded for Federal. It might be that their agreements stipulate they are to be sold in ammunition only.

Could be. I don't believe Speer makes Deep Curl rifle bullets any longer, but that doesn't mean Federal didn't buy them.

They did the same thing with the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw didn't they?

I was using the TBBC in my 7mm but only have a half dozen or so custom loads left so I am switching to Barnes TTSX this year on the recommendation of others.

Really liked both the deep curl and TBBC. Refuse to shoot factory ammo tho

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back