Caribou Gear

Feb. archery deer

Elkoholic

Laying around the house today with a head cold knowing the season closes tomorrow and down to 3 - 1lb packages of deer meat, it's a perfect wind for the stand over a food plot, something's gotta give. I headed through the snow to the stand for a quick 1.5hr sit. Climbing up I see a doe across the field heading towards me, 2 more popped out. They came by at 70yds didn't take the shot. Mins later 1,2,3,,,,,10 doe came from thicket to my left into the food plot. I picked the biggest after about 5mins of feeding and jockeying around. She ran 40yds & expired very quickly. Stayed in stand hoping for another, 30mins later a big mature doe came by at 45yds, released arrow and watched her duck it! It was super quiet out tonight. Guess I was being greedy, so I got down. Gotta love an Ohio bow kill in Feb. and a happy freezer. She'll eat good. Sorry about the blood in photo.

Last edited:
Hanging on meat pole,,,,,,figured Fin would like the decal on trailer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 331
Steaks on the grill tonight! Congrats!

Started skinning and processing last night. Yes steaks were on the grill!!! I tried to attached a pic of one of the 26 inch backstraps (before consumption) but for some reason I'm getting an upload error? Anyway, fresh backstraps in Feb. .... I'll take it!

Back