MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Favorite steak sauce?

Elkhunter

What steak sauce does everyone prefer. I like A1 but prefer 57 but I think the best I have found is Pickapeppa Sauce. Nothing like some Pickapeppa sauce on a nice steak.

Ew wasting a good steak with steal sauce
frown.gif

I like salt thats it

Delw

I concur Delw. Give me salt, pepper, and some blood.
drool.gif
Yummie.

Crap, now I am hungry. Time to grill a steak.

Not a steak sauce fan, unless it is peppercorn...that's pretty good, but I only get it when I dine out.

I like marinades, this one is my favorite.

Olive oil
Soy Sauce
Montreal Seasoning
Honey
Brown Sugar

For me some cheap cuts need sauce, t-bone, top sirlion,new york, filet mignon, do not just salt and pepper w/a good tomato, on the cheap cuts use marinade [claudes] is a good one.

Sometimes I use plain ketchup and then other times I'll put some BBQ sounce on it when its grilled. But when I cook some other kind of meat I'll make my own seasoning souce, but its a secret.
Quick Draw

The most I put on a good meat is a knife and fork. A little pepper maybe. Don't cover up the taste with marinades or sauces.

Pickapeppa is good stuff. I don't always use it on steak, but it is good on a lot of things besides beef. I think I first had it in Hong Kong when I was on R&R overseas. Another good one is Tiger Sauce, but it's a little spicier.

If it's a good steak, don't need no sauce.
If it's a tough steak, I use BBQ sauce.
JB, I use Tony Sacheries on lots of stuff, DS turned me on to it.

Maybe it's my "colonial" roots, but I would have to say my favorite steak sauce is HP Sauce. Granted, I rarely used it on steak, but it was great on bologna sandwiches. I don't see it much anymore, but we used to be able to but the big chubs (?) of bologna, and slice it as thick as we wanted. Fried bologna was a regular, at my house, growing up. Dad called it "Newfie steak"

I don't know what HP sauce is, but fried bologna sandwiches were (and are still) great. Some mustard, mayo and a slice of cheese put on while the blogna is still hot, so it melts....

HP stands for House of Parliment. Square bottle like A1 comes in. White, blue and red lable on it. It is still available in the supermarkets. Never tried fried balogna sandwhiches before. I have had my fair share of Cheeze Wiz and jelly sandwhiches though.

Oh, I bought some of that a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty good, but I like 'em spicier. Sometimes I add a little Louisiana hot sauce to the bottle of steak sauce.

I don't like "raw" bologna, but frying it makes it taste completely different.

Try a sprinkle of Cavenders!!!
It's found in the dry seasoning section of a lot of stores...
It goes good on every thing cept maybe cereal...
biggrin.gif

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back