favorite load

Ivust Huntmore

I just recently purchased a new reminton model 7 in 7mm-08 & was wondering if any body had a preferred load for this. I am thinking this will be strictly for Mule deer & Auntelope. Right now I am leaning toward the Nosler 140 grain Ballistic tip Bullet with 42.0 grains of IMR 4320 if any body has somthing they like better let me know. By the way the model 7 only has a 20 inch barrel

Many Congrats on your new rifle!!!
That is one I was looking at for my wifes Xmas present ! It is one heck of a nice rifle,I may just have to pick up for me...........

I would say you are definitely on the right track with your load.But,I think with the great choice of premium ammo available nowdays,I would grab a couple boxes(same lot no.),and head on out to the range and see what it will do.With the endless number of variables that effect a rifles accuracy,I would run some factory rounds through first.Then you would have a baseline of its' potential.

I have 4 .300 Mags,with 1 being a med/heavy tactical version,and 1,my heavy long range target rifle.The ONLY thing they all have in common-is that they are marked on the barrel for the same caliber! Each rifle is one unto itself.

Just have fun working through the variables ! And for me,once this ice storm is over,I think I will go back down and look at that Mod 7 again.....

GR(aka 458)

THE PRICE OF FREEDOM IS GREAT,
AND NEVER ENDING..............

[This message has been edited by GRIMREAPER (edited 12-14-2000).]

Ivust, The little red book says that 43.5 grains of W748, 140 gr. Nosler Ballistic tip, Federal brass, and a winchester WLR primer works wonders. So does 47.0 gr. of RL 19, RP brass, and a WLR primer. Ler me know if either of these work. Dan AZ

My loads are for a 15" T/C Encore handgun with a 4x scope. 44.5grs. of H380 with a Nosler 120gr. ballistic tip and 41.5grs. of Varget with a Seirra 140gr. bts. Both loads use Rem. cases and Fed. Gold Match primers. They both produce 3/4" groups off the bench at 100yds.

HI guys thanks for your help. I wond up using a nosler 140 grain ballistic tip bullet with winchester brass win. primers, & 46.0 grains of IMR 4350 powder. bullet seated to 2.7685 oal.
This load sighted in at 2.5 inches high at 100 yds. Gave me a group size of .687 and 2800 fps. I think this shoud be pretty bad medicine for the deer & antelope.
by the way I named the new gun Christeen after my mother in law because nothing can put you down like she can after a couple of beers(please don"t mention this to muledeer4me)just kidding talk to you all later Ivust Huntmore

------------------

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back