Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Favorite Hunt Hack?

More of a first aid hack for hiking in general than hunting. Blisters are usually a reality at some point, and I think almost everyone carries moleskin, but most don't know the best way to use it. Cut a hole in the middle to match the blister size, layer it until it clears the top of the blister, then cover it in another layer or leukotape(or your preferred medical tape). The amount of relief is many times greater!

Yes on this one. I had Osgood-Schlatter disease growing up - and we did this during football season with foam so I could wrap and protect my knee's. Same theory, different application - but I have always done that with blisters.

The newest clever thing in my arsenal is mule tape. It is super strong and has less friction than paracord when pulling a bear sack over a limb. Earplugs are a must for sleeping in wind Or with a buddy that snores.

The newest clever thing in my arsenal is mule tape. It is super strong and has less friction than paracord when pulling a bear sack over a limb. Earplugs are a must for sleeping in wind Or with a buddy that snores.
Me and my hunting partner both snore. But both of us got put on CPAP within a few weeks of each other and no longer snore. One thing I carry is electrical tape and small baggies. I put completed license in place and use masking tape to attach it to antlers or the hocks. Keeps them from coming off if yer dragging a carcass or going through the brush with a quarter sticking out of your pack.

A long Piece of freezer tape on the stock. Sticks to the muzzle in real cold weather

It might seem obvious to most, but trekking poles made a night and day difference in the steep and slick stuff for me.

Resurrecting this thread to agree with this comment. Resisted trekking poles my whole life. Bought a couple for my daughter last year due to an ankle injury she sustained. Decided to give them a whirl this spring for some good long hikes and am pretty stunned at how much they add to stability and endurance. Let my wife use them on Saturday and felt naked without them. I'm a believer.

Gallon ziplocks. I never leave a sleeping bag on a cold night in a tent to take a whiz. Roll on my side and Afterwards drop the ziplock to the side. I stay warm and am back asleep in minutes.
Just leave the bag in your sleeping bag for extra warmth 🤪

3rd vote for trekking poles

Couscous, dried apricots, nuts and spices every other day with freeze dried meal helps digestion and eases the tp situation

I run my bino harness directly on my MR Metcalf. Bought a couple of clips and nylon webbing and now all that weight is on my shoulders and not neck.
I have on of these on every pack. I just bring my bino pouch over and snap it on.

My most used hack is a v-shaped gun rest with a quick connect for my tripod. Since I’m an old fart with lots a of failing joints, I also carry a lightweight camp chair in my pack. The chair makes long periods of glassing more comfortable, and combined with the tripod gun rest, also makes for more comfortable shooting than trying to get prone and shoot from a bipod or using my pack as a rest.

Wrap a length of duct tape in many layers around pack frame, water bottle, trekking pole shaft. Necessity is the mother of duct tape. Take a bunch. Like toilet paper, the price goes up when someone runs out.

I have been using the same bottle of unscented gold bond powder for the last 10 years as both anti chafing and wind direction finder.

3m makes an electrical tape that sticks to cold barrels. I left my last with a hunting guide and should order some more.

I also carry a few fingers cut off of surgical gloves in a ziplock along with the mini multi tool with scissors for cutting out tags.

I am not that trusting the seal holds. I am circumferentially challenged and identify as a can of lard.
LOL if you serve with grunts in the sticks in two man tents eventually yer partner and you both smell like OLD cans of lard so that would be a good fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back