Favorite guest hunter?

Good morning, John. Happy Thanksgiving!
Your story touched my heart and I thank you for your service and I'm proud of you for your working to overcome your challenges. I live in Elizabeth, CO and if you're ever in this part of the woods, I'd like to buy you lunch. Best wishes and God bless you.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Anyone in Cheyenne gives me a bit of lead time, I'd gladly have a beer with them especially vets. I do a ton of volunteer work now that I am retired so I may or may not be home if you do a cold call. But always great to meet HTers especially fellow vets.

Good grief thats a tough one, can't remember his name but he took an old guy hunting down in the river bottoms of MT for deer years ago.

I know that being in the woods is a place where I am at peace. It doesn’t compare to what they’ve been through. They’re the ones who deserve it.

-Z
I retired after 24 years. I have been offered hunting and fishing opportunities based on that veteran status. However, I am not a combat vet and have never served in combat though I came close several times. I always landed in the rear areas and moved people basically. My preference is that these few hunting and fishing opportunities for vets go to those who actually fought for our country and some cases paid for it with their bodies.

Who's everyone's favorite guest hunter on the show? For me it's Jim Baichtal. Guys definitely got some skills and determination. I wish he was on more or even had his own show. Love watching those smoke pole hunts. I lost my hawken about 8 years ago in a flood and he's definitely got me wanting another one.
Sorry to hear about your Hawken, hope you get back in to the sport soon.

Who's everyone's favorite guest hunter on the show? For me it's Jim Baichtal. Guys definitely got some skills and determination. I wish he was on more or even had his own show. Love watching those smoke pole hunts. I lost my hawken about 8 years ago in a flood and he's definitely got me wanting another one.
His son

Beau hands down. Touching and inspirational story and reminds me a lot of myself. Wears his heart on his sleeve and ain’t afraid of showing emotion. If there is any one person I could add to the list of “hope to meet” it’s Beau Baty. @Big Fin !?

Close second: I’d say Mr. Michael Parente!
Same age, same tenacity and humor. Just seems like the kinda dude I’d be best friends with. He watches his Ps and Qs on film but I know we’d get along swimmingly…

I know I have some different views and am notably disliked amongst some HTers. And that the thread is about GUESTS… but I love @Big Fin. He’s tough as nails and also isn’t afraid to show emotion and sentiment. I admire his drive, grit and patience. I love that his videos, for YEARS, have revolved around the idea that the PUBLIC LAND HUNTER CAN LACE THEM UP AND GO MAKE IT HAPPEN..

Nothing but love and appreciation for the Folks at Fresh Tracks

Last edited:
There hasn't ever been a bad one, rock stars all. Having met and hunted a little with Scotty Jones though, I learned that he is the real deal, and even cooler in person than on film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back