Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Favorite guest hunter?

Craveman85

Who's everyone's favorite guest hunter on the show? For me it's Jim Baichtal. Guys definitely got some skills and determination. I wish he was on more or even had his own show. Love watching those smoke pole hunts. I lost my hawken about 8 years ago in a flood and he's definitely got me wanting another one.

Uncle Larry. Exactly like my dad.

My dad could make an entire sentence out of cuss words. He could use F*** and Sh** and use them as nouns, verbs, pronouns, or adjective. Could be used as current, past tense or future, your name. Hell the dog even thought it was his name. I understood every word he said, since I was the only kid, options as to whom he was talking to were limited. God I miss him.

Just watched the episode where Uncle Larry shot the wrong elk. Wish I could see it without the bleeps. Made me think of my dad. Especially when Randy, told him he shot the rag horn. I used to pile it on my dad too.

I couldn't pick a favorite. Randy's collected an impressive cadre of salt of the earth friends.

This. @Big Fin has a subtle talent for pulling together a variety of people and presenting them in a way that creates a virtual circle of friends. I think it illustrates the way hunting, with its successes and failures, solitude and camaraderie, nasty weather, steep hills, long packouts, and shared meals in camp, creates a bond among people who share it.

I wouldn't even try to pick a favorite guest, but I will say I have great respect for his efforts to include his uncles in his schedule. Clearly they are no longer as fit as they used to be, and they are only there because Randy does the lion's share of the work, but it makes a statement about the value of an older generation.

QQ

Its great how the show embodies all that is hunting you have hunts with family, hunts with life long friends and hunts with lifelong friends in the making. Like Arlando Chiles talked about on the recent podcast the show just really shows what hunting is really all about. For sure why we all love it so much, its like getting to be at hunting camp all year.

The guy in Arizona with the long hair who said something along the lines of
“We were chasing cheap beer and women”
while describing his time in college with randy.

Did I miss the “win a hunt with Randy” episodes or do those not make the TV cut?

Would be interested to see how the average Joe stacks up in one of these hunts. Imagine depending on the person it’d be a “what did I get myself into” kind of situation.

I must admit I am bias towards any crew who shows such an affinity to donuts and peanut butter M&M’s.

The guy in Arizona with the long hair who said something along the lines of
“We were chasing cheap beer and women”
while describing his time in college with randy.
I think you referring to Scott Jones, he seems like a super cool guy. The fact that Randy is still friends with Scott, Wade and Jerry after all these years is quite impressive.

Yes, it is Scott.
He does seem pretty cool.
That’s a classic joke.
Do you know which episode I’m referring to?
I thought it was Arizona, but maybe it was Nevada?

I think mine will have to be Randy’s mountain goat hunt. It was awesome to see members of this forum rally together and help get Randy his goats. But the greatest part was the sheer determination that Randy had I’m sure he would’ve moved a mountain one rock at a time to get him his goat.

I also think the question is unfair because he has had so many great guest!

Back