Yeti GOBOX Collection

Favorite conceal carry choices

This will probably get me laughed off this thread but my go to conceal is a Beretta Jetfire .25 caliber. Considering I'm in light clothing 10 months out of a year, it's small enough to keep hidden no matter where I go. I don't envision a long distant use anyway. If I'm wearing a jacket, I feel comfortable carrying my MP .380 Bodyguard.

My most important weapon is being alert when out in public...always trying to be aware of my surroundings.

If your looking for a concealed carry for your wife, it matters not a hoot what you like!
It has to be her choice!
Neighbor did that for his wife. She hated it!
Won't shoot it.

When my daughter was ready for her first concealed carry pistol, i went with her. Gun after gun, she kept looking at me asking what i thought. Told her i wasn't the one buying it, or using it. Had to be her pick. Something she was comfortable with.
I really thought she was gonna go with a Glock 43.
Surprised me when she picked a Springfield XDS.

Neighbor did that for his wife. She hated it!
Won't shoot it.
tenor.gif

"I'm sorry hun, they will not take firearms back. I'll suffer with it."

I'll qualify this by saying that I don't generally carry..... semi complicated reasons, just no my thing. My personal gun is a XD MOD 2 in 45. I like it a lot.

As for carry options here are my thoughts after selling guns for a couple of months here are my top options

1) Sig 365 XL- love the 365 and the extra grip length makes it more comfortable for more people. As for the SAS that slide release is a real PITA in my opinion and is a functional problem. The standard release is not obtrusive and did not really need that drastic of a modification.

2) Glock 43X- nearly the same as the Sig but for those with Glock tastes. Not my first choice for that.

3) Kimber Micro9- For those who have 1911 tastes and like a slimmer profile. Was very impressed with them at our Kimber range day....sweet little shooter.

4) S&W 642- wheel gun simplicity and small size. Less capacity but less operating systems. Another consideration is some folks grip/strength limitations when it comes to semi auto slides. No such issues here and with +P has decent punch.

BTW, as a side note I would encourage anyone who is a Glock 19 fan to check out Shadow Systems interpretations.....they do good work.

My wife doesn't conceal carry.
She does open carry when we go out in the woods.
She likes simple. Pull out, squeeze the trigger.
She doesn't like added safeties and such.

I was surprised when she didn't like my Walther PPS to carry. She enjoys shooting it at the range.
She prefers a revolver. Smith & Wesson (model 10 if i remember correctly, other than cleaning i don't see it much. Lol) 38 Special with 4" barrel.

Go figure...
People like, what they like.

For myself it's either the forementioned PPS, or my Springfield Armory Champion.
Usually the 1911 though.

Don't really carry much indoors, but when I do it's a Sig P365 or a P320 Compact in .357 Sig. I have a P320 Subcompact as well (which they don't make anymore, guessing because it would cut into the 365 market) in 9mm.

My wife carries an ancient nickle-plated Model 19 S&W. Smooth as butter.

When I am cleaning guns I'm amazed at how smooth the old S&Ws are compared to newer ones.

My wife doesn't conceal carry.
She does open carry when we go out in the woods.
She likes simple. Pull out, squeeze the trigger.
She doesn't like added safeties and such.

I was surprised when she didn't like my Walther PPS to carry. She enjoys shooting it at the range.
She prefers a revolver. Smith & Wesson (model 10 if i remember correctly, other than cleaning i don't see it much. Lol) 38 Special with 4" barrel.

Go figure...
People like, what they like.

For myself it's either the forementioned PPS, or my Springfield Armory Champion.
Usually the 1911 though.
This

I enjoy "her" PPKS a lot. It rides comfortably in an ankle rig as backup.
She leans toward a Rossi J frame copy. I thinks it's actually worse to fire than the Walther

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back