Favorite animal to hunt?

Walking around with my kid and my buddies shooting quail have probably been the funnest times I’ve ever had hunting.

But deer are always fun too, just low success rate around here

Archery elk by far! I love turkey hunting when I kill them but the rest of the time I’m just pissed off and texting my buddies I hate turkeys haha

Archery elk by far! I love turkey hunting when I kill them but the rest of the time I’m just pissed off and texting my buddies I hate turkeys haha
Frustration can happen with turkeys when they don’t cooperate. Archery elk is the same thing in the fall. The sound of an elk’s bugle or a turkey gobble before daylight is equally thrilling. I just like the turkey in the spring a little more…

Waterfowl, but not the same ones over and over again. I like to hunt different species in different locations. Lots of variety.

Tahr in New Zealand because everything about them is awesome; their mane, the taste, the alps and glaciers, challenging terrain. AND you don't have to draw a tag.
Unfortunately it's only open to those who are fully vaxed and I'm not getting jabbed. Going to miss them. Alaska will have to suffice.

Collage 2018-07-12 13_44_14.jpg20190609_090402.jpg

Waterfowl, but not the same ones over and over again. I like to hunt different species in different locations. Lots of variety.

Tahr in New Zealand because everything about them is awesome; their mane, the taste, the alps and glaciers, challenging terrain. AND you don't have to draw a tag.
Unfortunately it's only open to those who are fully vaxed and I'm not getting jabbed. Going to miss them. Alaska will have to suffice.

View attachment 222289View attachment 222290
You are now my hero!

I absolutely love to snipe squirrel with my little 22. Dial for distance and hold for wind, just like with big game. Often have to shoot quickly, but must be accurate. Walking through the isolated woods as the sun sets with dinner hanging from my belt is a great feeling.

20220225_181432~2.jpgdumplings.jpg

Last edited:
Wild cats...

I love running bobcats and lions with my hounds.

I generally am solo or with my oldest daughter.

The excitement my dogs express is something I cherish and love.

Wild pigs are my favorite, spot n stalk. Those things just crack me up, especially if they get to running. I think when you spook one, they just run forever unless you hit it. I'm pretty sure they run until either their hoofs fall off or run into something.

I think actually out of them all my all time favorite is rabbits. Shotgun kicking brush, over good beagles, with a recurve, etc.. you can be loud, have fun, don't need expensive gear and they are a breeze to clean and cook.

My kids hear me talk about how much I love rabbit meat but I don't have a place to do it. I may need to start knocking on doors at farms that still have fencerows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back