Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Father/Son Adventure in Texas

The King of Country, George Strait, has a few different songs about Texas, but my favorite is If It Wasn’t for Texas. Early on in my professional career, my family and I moved from the west to Dallas, TX. Little could I imagine at the time, the doors that would open and the opportunities that would present themselves because of our time in Texas. So, although Texas and Texans get a fair share of ridicule, Texas holds a special place in my heart.

My nine year old son and I just returned from his first deer hunt and it was a wonderful experience!

Day 1 we drove from Northeastern Utah to Lubbock, TX. I’m sure the rainstorms we encountered in New Mexico were a welcomed relief from the heat and drought.

View attachment 243660

Day 2 started with some breakfast at Rosa’s:

View attachment 243661

Evening of Day 2, my son was able to kill his first buck - proud Dad moment!!

View attachment 243662
View attachment 243663

We started Day 3 chasing pigs and he was unable to connect, but his shooting improved and finished out the day with a pretty good haul.

View attachment 243664

With one more tag to fill, we again focused on deer for the final morning. The morning hunt didn’t disappoint -

View attachment 243665

So happy that I’ve been blessed with such a wonderful hunting partner!!
Dude that little kids a badass and I think dads just as cool! I got family in blanco and I lived in SA for a couple years.. how he get the two buck tags I’ve never looked into going back to hunt as a NR?? That’s awesome man great job to you both big congrats

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back