Fanny packs..

Moosie

Grand poopa
I'm bringing a small framed (plastic) backpack instead of a fanny pack. Just wondering what you guys use for your "DAY PACK" ? and why ?

I dont. I use my frame pack all the time. If I take my bag off the frame I will strap a small bag to the frame. I do have a small daypack (internal frame) for fall time black bear hunting. It will carry the hide and it doesnt snag on alders or whatever.

I've wanted to use like a daypack for all around hunting but I hate to go back to camp to get the frame pack when something is on the ground. especially sheep or goat hunting and camp is at the bottom of the hill.

I'm like LBG, don't use one. In fact, I was made fun of when I came to Idaho because I lugged my frame pack around with the little neccessities I needed.

smile.gif
vis

I use an Epiards lounge turkey vest.It has a metal frame which serves as a chair when sitting [imagine a capital Letter L pointing left,that's the shape of the frame against your back],lots of pockets,and a big waterproof game bag on the back for hauling extra clothing,etc.Works for me,and gives me real comfortable back support,which helps stabilize off hand shots.

Moosie,

Along with my pack frame/pack that I take to the field. I also take a small day pack to carry all my day to day stalking and hunting needs. I would think a fanny pack would be big enough.

Todd

Back