Fair price for this rifle

Northwoods

I might sell one of my Browning A Bolt Medallions. Just curious what a fair price for me and a buyer would be. It’s a 270WSM, left handed bolt. I am keeping the scope. The stock has several scratches from 12 years of hunting. The rifle has been well maintained and has about 300 rounds down the barrel. I haven’t shot it much due to ammo prices, and archery is my first love.

I might sell it and use the funds to fill the empty spot in my gun cabinet towards a .308 that I have been coveting. I just can’t learn to love the 270 WSM. It kills animals but so do a lot of other cartridges.

Attachments

• 189AC2C4-A136-454D-AEE2-D8EE4AABFB9F.jpeg
    189AC2C4-A136-454D-AEE2-D8EE4AABFB9F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
If I were willing to pay a premium for a Medallion I’d want one without scratches. But I also know that the Abolts like you have seem to carry a premium over the newer Abolt IIs.

Just ball park, for me...$400-$500. Might bring a better price being left handed, I don't know. Also harder to sell a left handed rifle so you may have to sit on it for a while.

Just ball park, for me...$400-$500. Might bring a better price being left handed, I don't know. Also harder to sell a left handed rifle so you may have to sit on it for a while.
On the same note some times left handeds sell quicker due to lack of availability. All depends,
A-bolt medallions are a fine rifle imo.

I'll bet you can do better than that on Gun Broker.

I sold my left handed 338 Abolt medallion on GB for $590 a month or so ago. 270WSM is not as 'mainstream' but I'd bet you can get over $500.

Being a lefty, I should have said its worth about $200 and offer you $250, hahaha.

I might sell one of my Browning A Bolt Medallions. Just curious what a fair price for me and a buyer would be. It’s a 270WSM, left handed bolt. I am keeping the scope. The stock has several scratches from 12 years of hunting. The rifle has been well maintained and has about 300 rounds down the barrel. I haven’t shot it much due to ammo prices, and archery is my first love.

I might sell it and use the funds to fill the empty spot in my gun cabinet towards a .308 that I have been coveting. I just can’t learn to love the 270 WSM. It kills animals but so do a lot of other cartridges.
Just so people know, these are very good rifles and generally very accurate. I have one in 30-06 and its a shooter. Brownng glass beds the action on these and they are generally pretty light.

If it was anything other than a 270WSM I would buy it in a heart beat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back