Caribou Gear

Factory ammo

I shoot both factory, and handloads. I prefer Hornady factory whenever possible, I had some poor results in several calibers with Remington factory ammo. most of my rifles handle factory ammo just fine, but I like the wider range of options that I have with reloading, as well as some of my calibers are hard to find factory ammo for, and when I do it is expensive.

I shoot both factory and handloads depending on the gun. My 223 for instance is only factory. I do have a load developed and components on hand in case of another panic buy and the prices skyrocket again. I can load and still shoot and not worry about running out. My 10mm and 357 mag are strictly handloads. As I only work 12 days a month, I do it mostly for something to do in the winter and rainy days.

I handload most my ammo,mostly because I just like to do it. Both mybrothers shoot Remington coreloks and never had a problem taking game. Are there better bullets out there ?yes probably but if they work there is nothing wrong with Remington.

I roll with Hornady Superformance, because it shoots well out of my .30-06 (GMX) and .338 win mag (SST)

Shoot Federal Trophy Copper in my 270, 06 and 300 Win Mag.

Shot Nosler partitions since I was a pup, I am now an old dog.

Never had a problem and never changed. Have used other premium shells, when I couldn't find my preference. Still shot well.

I don't reload yet, but I save all my brass.

I shoot the Federal Trophy Copper in my .270, great results and no lead in my meat!

I have had good luck with several brands of factory ammo. I have always just let my rifles decide their diet, rather than trying to be loyal to one brand or bullet.

These are the factory loads I am currently shooting, and all provide better than average accuracy and are loaded with reliable bullets.

.260 - Nosler Custom 130grn Accubond
.270 - Barnes Vortex 130grn TTSX
30-06 - Barnes Vortex 165grn TTSX
7mm Rem Mag - Federal 140grn Trophy Bonded Tipped
300 WSM - Federal 165grn Trophy Copper

My rifle is the same way. I should Fed Fusions out of most of my rifles. I recently bought a Rem 700LR in 300 WM so I will be handloading once I find a good combination.

My 300 win mag likes Federal soft points. All of my other rifles besides my .17 HMR like Federal Fusions. My .17 likes the Hornady v-max.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back