Yeti GOBOX Collection

Extreme Boarding

beardown

Yesterday I learned one of the better things to do here in MT....Extreme Snow Boarding...... It was great we hiked our asses off all the way up this mountain. It was a good mile staight up! It just about killed me. The whole way up we were pretty much on our knees and using the board to pull us up. There was atleast a six foot base most of the way up. When we got to the top we made a jump and I went fliying on my back!! Then we just boarded back down at the end of the day.........What cracked me up is these guys had a long debate about snowboarding........according to them if you go to a resort and ride a lift then you are not a real snowboarder. A real boarder will get up before light and start hiking a mile and a half to the top of some random clear cut and build a jump . They said you should earn your rides!!!.....I just laughed and enjoyed the day, all I could think about was the comparrisson between real hunters and the pussys that would take a lift to the top!!!
wink.gif
hump.gif
hump.gif

ive been snowboarding for about 6 years now, and never had the opportunity to do that...although id like to try it, i cant be that much better than getting to take a lot of runs in a day than just the one...
different strokes...but your right it does relate to hunting and the way people group each other.

Thats pretty funny... I have been riding for about 12 years now, and have never heard that comparison. The only guys I know that hike are the ones that don't have the money to use the lifts...

My favorite is to get a friend with a snow machine and have him take you to the top and you ride down then do it over and over and over... all kinds of fresh powder and no lines
cool.gif

They're not the first to go up hill with just their legs... Cross country skiers have been doing just that for quite some time now.
hump.gif

I guess that ridin the chairlifts is for Fat Assed Slobs just like Fat Assed Slobs ride ATVs. If you can't walk up then you have no business boarding or skiing. Maybe they should bann all the friggin chairlifts.
rolleyes.gif

Excuse me,,,but I have one little question for y'all...Why in the hell would anyone climb to the top of a mountain, strap a board to your feet, and then go hell bent for election to the bottum??? Be my luck to do a Sonny Bono before I get the damn thing on
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

There are quite a few who "earn their turns", and the thrill of un-tracked powder and first tracks is enough to make some serious hiking be undertaken.

I know a couple of guys who rarely visit the resorts any more, as they want to go make first descents on new faces. They also ride with shovels and Avalanche transponders.

Me? I just got back from a day of boarding at Bogus, and as usual, I had a great time, but will be a bit sore from all the inverted 360's I still do by accident....
fight.gif

Elkgunner, I'd of liked to see that
smile.gif

I'm with Elkhunter on this one, BANN the Lifts.. It must be only for ATV riding wussies
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I need to get out Again, I remember the First Dllack Diamond I went down with Skiis... It was the First Day I was Out in the Alps in Switzerland. After 3 hours of Skiing and Snowplowing I went up on Lift and didn't get off at the Right place.

I then Got too much speed and Got A bit Scared so I tucked up to Ride it out... Let's jsut say the Skii Rewntal Place didn't fare well that day with me Buying the Insurance
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Luckily I lived to Sji Another day.

I haven't Braved Snowboarding but one time... I might have to Do it again some day !!!

Guess I'd better pass on this kind of thing. A few years ago, after they paved the long hill out of town past my house and installed the nice sidewalks all the way to the top, I decided to show the teeny-boppers how we used to do it in the old days. I got one of the boys old skateboards out of the shop and walked to the top of the hill, jumped on the thing and came screaming down the hill like a bat out of torment. All those kids were cheering me on. Yeah, I just had to show off a bit, and was doing pretty good until someone layed rubber across a driveway and scattered some pea-gravel across the sidewalk. When I hit that crap, the board came to an abrupt stop, and I didn't. I didn't do something unglorious and do a full crash and burn, but when I landed and crow-hopped to a stop, I felt my right knee blow out. Ended up having to have an orthoscopic surgery on it. High danged price for about 15 minutes of glory, eh? Guess old farts aren't supposed to do that kind of stuff or something.

-RW-

I dont think they should ban the lifts, it's just I'm not a puss!! If they banned the lift then all the fat-assed ATV guys would come ruin the snow!....... Then I would'nt get that trophy ride dude, its like wow man...
biggrin.gif
shhh.gif
shhh.gif
shhh.gif

That was the exact same analogy I was thinking as I was reading it...
I think all the fat asses that cry fowl about ATV's and now Chairlifts should walk to work and their favorite hunting spots, then they will have some thing to say....LMAO!!!!The car and all the modern technologies, the creature comforts should all by shucked. Then and only then they can stop being hippicrites and spout their gobeldygook....
biggrin.gif

I still won't listen though!!!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

come on guys I,ll be 54 in a few days and still like the so called extreme sports like boarding powerkite buggying and land luge.I'm still 16 just stuck in this beat up old body for now

LMAO.....c'mon elk, I'm movin in with the amish!
biggrin.gif
Just got back from another trip Sunday! My plan is to go every weekend till bear season starts! My legs felt alot better this time, hope to get my fat ass in shape.
biggrin.gif
Oh;yeah I checked the GPS and its only a 3000 foot climb ( elevation ) in only a little shy of a mile, with 2 foot of fresh powder on a 6 - 8 foot base!
hump.gif
hump.gif

Back