Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Extra Stupid Window Stickers

Extra stupid for sure. Not really with regard to either political party, but during my grandfather's generation likely no one wrote "F&&k Roosevelt", during Dad's generation no one likely wrote "F&&k Truman", during my generation I never saw "F&&k Kennedy", never even saw "F&&k Nixon" ... regardless of opposition to policy or political affiliation. It saddens me that the only modifier expressing one's perspective or describing someone or something to which there is disagreement is the F bomb! Disappointing to realize such a lack of literary creativity.
'Never thought I'd be one of those old farts who is appalled and disappointed in the younger generation at large ... but I'm almost there! HTers to post this "cool" lingo really illustrates the point.
Go ahead and judge me as "narrow minded dinosaur".
From one narrow minded dinosaur to another, I've got your back all the way.

Window stickers are probably the least of concern. Think about all the things that weren't 60 years ago. I don't think that falls anywhere near the top.
I'm not sure that really matters to me. It's an index, perhaps, of other, more important issues, perhaps. Regardless, it is a sign of the times, and the times suck.

Best get used to it I'm afraid.
Likewise, I am afraid and concerned also. Until recently I have never witnessed such disrespect for the office of President of the United States, disrespect regardless of party or policy.
It's like a harbinger of national decline to this old fart Veteran. (and this from a lifelong optimist!)

Likewise, I am afraid and concerned also. Until recently I have never witnessed such disrespect for the office of President of the United States, disrespect regardless of party or policy.
That's just the way they like it. The more we fight. The more they win. Unfortunately I don't think the majority will ever grasp that concept. It's. A slippery slope and were in a tabogan.

It's like a harbinger of national decline to this old fart Veteran. (and this from a lifelong optimist!)
1709072206616.png
Reminds me of this excellent scene. I don't like the "not my president" stickers that sprung up 15 years ago and have been used by both parties. He is your president. Respect the office, even if the man at the resolute desk isn't who you voted for. That's kinda how democracy works...

View attachment 317213
Reminds me of this excellent scene. I don't like the "not my president" stickers that sprung up 15 years ago and have been used by both parties. He is your president. Respect the office, even if the man at the resolute desk isn't who you voted for. That's kinda how democracy works...
I agree with the tone and civility of both of your and Straight Arrows post but both side's disrespectful rancor toward the half that doesn't vote for them makes it tough.

Extra stupid for sure. Not really with regard to either political party, but during my grandfather's generation likely no one wrote "F&&k Roosevelt", during Dad's generation no one likely wrote "F&&k Truman", during my generation I never saw "F&&k Kennedy", never even saw "F&&k Nixon" ... regardless of opposition to policy or political affiliation. It saddens me that the only modifier expressing one's perspective or describing someone or something to which there is disagreement is the F bomb! Disappointing to realize such a lack of literary creativity.
'Never thought I'd be one of those old farts who is appalled and disappointed in the younger generation at large ... but I'm almost there! HTers to post this "cool" lingo really illustrates the point.
Go ahead and judge me as "narrow minded dinosaur".
Our grade school had to ask a house across the street to take down a f@#$ Biden flag. To me he will forever be the guy who wants to have loveless sexual intercourse with our elderly president.

People seem to take pride in a lack of class now days.

Back