Yeti GOBOX Collection

Explorer or F150 WY Red Desert

TNHUNTER

Considering taking the explorer as gets much better gas mileage then the F150. I prefer the truck for ease of use (tossing game in the back and room) but calculating the difference in cost it's actually fairly substantial. I would hate to get out there and wish I had one over the other. How bad are the roads in unit 100? I understand that when they get wet it really doesn't matter as not going anywhere as they get slick... Wondering about clearance issues (washout and/or overgrown areas). Looking for opinions if anyone has any... Thanks

Which vechile has the best shocks?

Best ride?

Best weather seals on doors, and windows?

The washboard roads, and dust will get to you.

Both are 4 wheel drive. Truck is bigger and heavier and Explorer gets much better gas mileage but enclosed. Explorer definitely has the better ride. Unless there are a lot of areas with wash out sounds like the Explorer may be sufficient. Thanks for the responses...

Both are 4 wheel drive. Truck is bigger and heavier and Explorer gets much better gas mileage but enclosed. Explorer definitely has the better ride. Unless there are a lot of areas with wash out sounds like the Explorer may be sufficient. Thanks for the responses...
Either one will be fine. You are far more likely to encounter dust than mud. Plenty of SUV’s driving around out here

take the one with the better tires or should I say more plys
10 or 12 ply in a "GOOD" offroad tire like Toyo, Falken, etc..... ALSO and just as important is the tread design as in SELF CLEANING - Point S tire shops usually know their stuff, Les Schwab too but if you buy from them you'll pay substantially more now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back