Hunting Rig for NM

I had an off range oryx tag two years ago and I got my oryx on the second or third day of hunting so I didn’t see nearly as much country as I had planned. I had my F150 and I didn’t think the two tracks I drove on in those two or three days were bad at all. Just bring extra fuel.

Last edited:
I had an off range tag oryx tag two years ago and I got my oryx on the second or third day of hunting so I didn’t see nearly as much country as I had planned. I had my F150 and I didn’t think the two tracks I drove on in those two or three days were bad at all.
Hell, that's the flat smooth part of NM. LOL

17 is very rugged country, even the flat part. Long ways to any services. 10 ply tires and spares are the norm. Plenty of extra fuel & water needed. Good boots.

Hell, that's the flat smooth part of NM. LOL

17 is very rugged country, even the flat part. Long ways to any services. 10 ply tires and spares are the norm. Plenty of extra fuel & water needed. Good boots.
Heck yeah, plugs , spare, water gas , satellite phone or receiver
be prepared for a long walk if needed.
15 miles doesn’t seem like much till you have to walk in heat or bad weather

Heck yeah, plugs , spare, water gas , satellite phone or receiver
be prepared for a long walk if needed.
15 miles doesn’t seem like much till you have to walk in heat or bad weather
So unit 17 is a possibly a lousy hunt experience for a youth only deer tag in November?

So unit 17 is a possibly a lousy hunt experience for a youth only deer tag in November?
Not saying that. They could be down in the desert country outside Magdalena. Just rugged country.
Some kids can't walk on a sidewalk without stumbling...some fly by me.

Thanks, from Utah and haven’t had a chance to head down to scout. Just looking for feedback. Appreciate all thus far.

Back