Explain New Mexico please...

Most people might think you are being rude, but that’s a pretty realistic comment! I hunt elk in WA. I have only ever shot cows, bull elk elude me lol.

You get the general hunting license with your tag application. Keep in mind, it includes small game. Turkey will cost like an extra 100, an OTC black bear tag is around 260.00, and barbary sheep is 360.00. Cougar is 290.00 if that's your thing also. There are still some great opportunities even if you don't draw an elk tag. If memory serves me, there are Himalayan Tahr that don't require a license because they are non native but don't quote me. The area they are in also seems to be a best kept secret. I've seen pics, but nobody will tell me where.

Update! I got drawn for my deer tag, unit 49. No, not a money unit, but I get to hunt my lies in New Mexico right!!! Let’s go!!!!! With my new health issue, this was a bright spot in a shitstorm.

I hunted 49 for elk several years ago. Saw quite a few deer just walking the logging roads. It can get pretty thick up in there. Lots of road and atv hunters.

I hunted 49 for elk several years ago. Saw quite a few deer just walking the logging roads. It can get pretty thick up in there. Lots of road and atv hunters.
I drew Unit 49 for Mule Deer Archery. It will hopefully be a great hunt. Any tips or tricks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back