Everybody, say hello to Doug!

Went out today (before the snow and real cold comes tonight) and hooked up the quick connect for the Warn, gave a test fit of the cradle/winch and made sure the connections were good. All is good!!

Back from the outback.....and all went great. Doug was a real trooper. Took everything in stride and did it comfortably. The mileage barely even changed while loaded. Still haven't had to use the winch but it was nice to have it out there on the bumper :) Looks like I will keep making little updates to him here and there and keep him around for a while. Next chore will be going for some firewood. ;)

Here are a couple of the pics from a sweet little score of oak I got on the cutting trip and, the bigger deal, a VIDEO of Doug doing work getting us out of camp this year. The video is just from a dashcam and is my first ever video so I hope it isn't to horrendous. Enjoy some Doug time!!!

https://youtu.be/RUMG873O414

Attachments

• firewood.jpg
    firewood.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 82
  • firewood 2.jpg
    firewood 2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Watched the video, pretty greasy trail. Looks like Doug is good 2 go. Was that w tires, chains, towing, what? About 5 min into it, I began to crave chinese food, what's up w that?

Watched the video, pretty greasy trail. Looks like Doug is good 2 go. Was that w tires, chains, towing, what? About 5 min into it, I began to crave chinese food, what's up w that?

That is with the Geolanders that came on it and diamond pattern chains. The delays were me waiting to make sure my buddy who was towing a trailer was good to go. He has a 2018 F150 FX4 with a locker and chains but a trailer is always dicey. This was my first shot at editing any kind of video (this was actually 12 clips together) and the editing I used would only let me upload one of my on song but would loop stock music it had.....hence what we got :) BTW, how is retirement treating you?

Pretty well, beats the alternative! Thanks for asking. I am working from home a few days/week. I got to enjoy a brief ML hunt w a reissued cow tag in Sept. The exact opposite of conditions in your video, over 80 degrees every day and dusty. I had a cow tag up in the NW corner of CO for 3rd season, had to turn it in as wife needed foot surgery. Been a little grouchy being stuck in town this week when I should have been north of Dinosaur Nat'l Monument. Reading w interest all the forum trip reports, seems like the snow was helpful for many.

Thinking of you and all vets for this holiday. Respect and gratitude to each and all veterans.

Any success on your hunt?

Last edited:
Pretty well, beats the alternative! Thanks for asking. I am working from home a few days/week. I got to enjoy a brief ML hunt w a reissued cow tag in Sept. The exact opposite of conditions in your video, over 80 degrees every day and dusty. I had a cow tag up in the NW corner of CO for 3rd season, had to turn it in as wife needed foot surgery. Been a little grouchy being stuck in town this week when I should have been north of Dinosaur Nat'l Monument. Reading w interest all the forum trip reports, seems like the snow was helpful for many.

Thinking of you and all vets for this holiday. Respect and gratitude to each and all veterans.

Any success on your hunt?

Not for me. I could've shot a forky but I had my buddy's son with me and tried to get him a shot. Trees obscured him and he didn't get a shot either. There was a big snow storm with sub zero temps the week before and it seemed it may have pushed the elk down early. One guy in our party shot a small buck and another saw a cow (no tag). That was it .....still always a great time.

Hope the wife is feeling better and thanks for what you have done for Vets too.

Good luck finding a new truck for anywhere close to $18k these days! Minus the paint (to be expected on a Dodge) the truck appears to be in really good condition! Good find for sure!

I think every model of truck in this time frame had issues with the paint. At least you don’t have the new RAM mirrors.

RAM stands for Real Awesome Mirrors!

Doug went in to get a brake service and have the fluid (what it had when I got it- nasty) flushed and refilled as well as adjustment of the parking brake. All good (guy said brakes on it should "last forever") and I am going to him to best buy for a bluetooth stereo in the next few days. Time is drawing near!!

Back