Ever wonder if you're losing it?

----

I walked up this road on my way to go shed hunting on Sunday-

2015-04-12%2011.59.43_zpsjdg3czja.jpg

Didn't see it until I walked out in the evening. I give up.

photo%202_zpshwzwosog.jpg

I've had similar things happen. I always shed hunt the same benches every year. A couple years ago I shed hunted a bench and found nothing. Later in the year I hunted the bench - no sheds. The following year I found a year old matching set where I had hiked at least 3 times prior in the last year. WTF.

Really cool find though.

You are starting to make a habit out of that Randy. I seem to recall a similar instance last spring.

Ugh, I had forgotten about that. At least I wasn't the only one who missed those, and we were hunting.

2014-05-09%2012.19.49_zpsw0l8jeal.jpg

Buzz, fatrack- it had been shed for a couple days at least. No blood on the pedicle. I watched this bull feeding on this road two weeks earlier, so he probably shed it right around then.

The last straw I'm grasping at is that there was 2-3 inches of fresh snow when I came through in the morning and the hillside above that shale was super green and incredibly steep. Maybe it was sitting up there and the melting snow loosened the ground and it rolled down???

Has happened to me many times. I once found a big whitetail antler in a field. Spent hours looking for the other side in the brush on the edge of the field. Two weeks later I looked back out on the field and there it sat less than 50 yards from were I found the first.

Antlerradar

I found a nice brown 6pt this year. went back exactly a week later to try and match it up and 30 yards away was a nice 6x6 set. No way I missed it as it was in the wide open. He dropped while i was gone. Have u found a fresh muley yet randy?

I found a nice brown 6pt this year. went back exactly a week later to try and match it up and 30 yards away was a nice 6x6 set. No way I missed it as it was in the wide open. He dropped while i was gone. Have u found a fresh muley yet randy?

I didn't really shed hunt this year. I did go for a drive through 270 the first week of February though, and I think 90% of the bucks had dropped by then. Seemed early this year.

Ouch, not good!!! I improved my crappy year by finding one laying in the road ditch this morning.

I think, Sometimes we old shed huntrs maybe? look to hard. Like way of the path. across the coulee. Well I'm not saying your an old shed hunter.
For me, I've found a shed, tried very hard to find the match, next year it's right there! where I've walked a dozen times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back