Ever seen a 10 Lb skunk?

Fat and stinky is no way to go through life, I think you did him a favor.
Rude GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Are you going to rug him?

I saw one going from creek to corn field that looked like a wolverine this fall. Tons of corn stalks down and pulled into trees. Almost thought we had a bear. No pics so it is like it never existed. There is a hole right next to the creek might try a trap over that.

Cant say i have "ever seen a 10 lb skunk" but can say i have never weighed any skunk! In my travels i have seen some of prettiest and largest skunks i can remember this fall.

Wow, that's a beast of a skunk. I just got one in a trap by accident, I was trying to trap something else.... But I decided I was up for the challenge. Really happy I did too cuz I have a fantastic skunk hide.

Anyone know the risk of rabies with these guys? Not very high? I was wearing gloves and all.

Wow, that's a beast of a skunk. I just got one in a trap by accident, I was trying to trap something else.... But I decided I was up for the challenge. Really happy I did too cuz I have a fantastic skunk hide.

Anyone know the risk of rabies with these guys? Not very high? I was wearing gloves and all.
Did it bite you???

If not you'll be just fine, assuming you weren't putting it's mouth in your mouth, or an open wound...

Did it bite you???

If not you'll be just fine, assuming you weren't putting it's mouth in your mouth, or an open wound...
No it didn't bite me it was dead by the time I touched it and I think I only touched it's mouth once with gloves.

The way I skinned it was from the rear legs down so i took the skin off like a sock and never really touched the head.

So sweet looks like im safe. Super cool hide tooo

No it didn't bite me it was dead by the time I touched it and I think I only touched it's mouth once with gloves.

The way I skinned it was from the rear legs down so i took the skin off like a sock and never really touched the head.

So sweet looks like im safe. Super cool hide tooo
Yeah you're good, especially if you had gloves on. They stink, but after skinning a few, the smell no longer bothers you, and they're actually worth some $ as novelty items.

Yeah you're good, especially if you had gloves on. They stink, but after skinning a few, the smell no longer bothers you, and they're actually worth some $ as novelty items.
Ya at first I thought it may be a huge mistake? But I don't regret it at all after skinning it, really wasn't that bad and have an awesome hide. Thanks for the assurance!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back