Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ever get robbed on a hunt or traveling to and from a hunt

Man, I feel bad for you guys. I would be so damn mad. I've been lucky but something is bound to happen sooner or later.

Not as bad as OP, but I was dove hunting with my car parked on the other side of a big dike. I hear a truck pull into parking area on the other side of the dike, it idles there for maybe 30 seconds then drives off.

I get back to my car at sunset and whoever was in the truck has ripped my door handle off my car in attempt to break in.

Pathetic!

Sorry OP. Your story is a lot worse.

I just got back from a hunting trip in Hawaii and when we were not hunting we did some exploring but there were some places we didn't go because our vehicle had lots of gear in it including a shotgun and I don't trust parking at trailheads in Hawaii.

Not on a hunt, but my place was burglarized a week before hunting season opener in 2015 and most of my stuff stolen.

never had anything stolen on a trip but did have my truck broken into in front of my house. Had been on a hog hunt so I had my backpack with knives plus my boots/waders in the back, all stolen. One of the knives was the first knife my dad ever gave me and the other was a hand made knife I had given to my son from his first deer. I told the officer when he got there, if I had caught em, I would have shot em on the spot, no doubt in my mind. He just stood there and looked at me. Those punks had no idea what they stole from me, dollar wise it did not amount to much but I would not have taken any amount of money for that stuff.

Had a rash of camp break in's while hunting near Florence Az.
they went into a few camps and took propane,coolers and anything else
available.This was a Pig/Deer hunt New Years week.The Sherriffs believe
it was locals driving through and grabbing anything and everything. 🔥

Last edited:
Nothing yet. Sorry for everyone that has had this happen. I try to think the best of people but I have to admit, there are a lot of worthless scumbags in this world...

A Stihl 290 chainsaw, spotter tripod, and a rifle bipod out of the bed of my truck 2 years ago at a public trailhead.
I shoulda known better- my fault for leaving it where everyone can see it. :(

Had my trail camera stolen off a private land deer and turkey lease. I never replaced it. Honestly I didn’t see it being worth it but the personal violation burned me up. Gotta be serious scum to take something that belongs to another human being.

Man this is depressing reading all these! Guess there are more aholes out there than i realized. Knock on wood... all ive had taken were a couple tree stands.

Just moved to a new house about 1 mile away from our old house. 2nd or 3rd weekend in the new house I had gone coyote hunting. Had my ecaller, binos, rangefinder, and a new to me Sitka Bino harness in the back. And had a extra set of low power binos under the middle seat. Had my AR in the middle seat. Sunday night my daughter and I got food poisoning. I know for a fact my 4runner was locked and closed up. Anyway around 3 in the morning my daughter gets up and comes to my room and turns on a bunch of lights. We do our business 🤮 and my wife looks outside and says my hatch is open. I’m so sick at that point I didn’t even think twice I just ran out in my underwear and closed the hatch. Saw my Milwaukee drill gun where I left it so I didn’t think anything about it again. Fast forward 3 weeks. We were headed to bozeman for a wedding photo shoot and we wanted to swing through Yellowstone park. Thought, sweet! I have my binos in the back!.... Nope. Whoever got in got 2 of my binos, rf, ecaller, a nice Milwaukee tool bag, some misc ammo that I keep in a ammo can in the back, my daughters Nintendo switch. Think my AR was kind of covered by my extra jacket and my kids stuffed animals. I came to terms with those items being stolen but I would have hated if my rifle went with them.

Shortly after that I installed a ring camera.

Someone stole my gas can out of my pickup this year while I was in Wendy’s on my way back home. While it pissed me off, it could of been a lot worse.

My wife and I stopped outside of St. Louis at a motel on the way home from a Utah elk hunt. I unloaded our generator, started it, plugged it into the freezer in our cargo trailer, chained the generator to the axle, and locked up the truck and trailer. 5:00 Pm broad daylight. Went in to our room, had a beer, and headed across the parking to a restaurant. Walked over to the truck to check the generator. Driver's side rear window in the crew cab truck was smashed in. Two rifle cases open and thrown onto the pavement. Two Muzzle loaders and two centerfire rifles laying on the pavement. All the contents of our bags in the truck were tossed. The latch on the truck cap was busted, and all the contents of our gear there had been tossed. Items stolen : our passports, our Utah hunting licenses, my Canadian firearms license, a couple hundred dollars in Canadian money, my extra truck keys. Cop said it happens all the time. Crooks target out-of-state and rental vehicles. I asked why they didn't set out a decoy vehicle, and catch the a*%holes. He said they didn't have time. He then said, "This is East St. Louis you know. You have to expect these things". I'll not print my response to him as I am quite certain I would be banned from this forum.

I pulled my truck and trailer up under the motel entrance canopy. The night clerk moved his chair out there. I ran a cord from my freezer in to the lobby. We will never stopped in a big city again.

Most of my family is from St Louis. You are honestly lucky they did not rob you at gun point. East St Louis is a 3rd world country. The world is filled with shitty people especially now that we are a society of nihilistic narcissists. I usually assume people are up to no good until they prove me wrong. Wish it was not so but this assumption has been proving correct so many more times than not it has just made me jaded.

Last edited:
Most of my family is from St Louis. You are honestly lucky they did not rob you at gun point. East St Louis is a 3rd world country. The world is filled with shitty people especially now that we are a society of nihilistic narcissists. I usually assume people are up to no good until they prove me wrong. Wish it was not so but this assumption has been proving correct so many more times than not it has just made me jaded.
You avoid east St.Louis at all costs. I thought that was well know. Overlord Bear is exactly right. It's a 3rd world country.
As for hotels. I bring everything in except coolers and food

Last year after a morning duck hunt I parked briefly in front of my shop during daylight hours and someone stole my kayak paddle out of my truck.

reading this thread I feel pretty lucky.... the worst I’ve ever experienced was somebody snatching my brand new crocs out of camp. Didn’t seem to bother my wife, she said I looked like nerd in them anyway🤪

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScatterGunHamilton
Back