Ever get robbed on a hunt or traveling to and from a hunt

I had a tackle box stolen once while bank fishing. Left it where I started fishing and continued to work the bank. Not a monetary loss, but I had a few baits in there that belonged to my grandfather. Even as a child I never used those baits. Just kept them there just to have them. Wish I had them back.

Had truck topper broke into once and 2 other attempts (that we know of) at hotels on our way out west.
Traveling with friends one year and they got their cargo trailer broke into and a bunch of gear including bows stolen from a hotel parking lot.

Had truck topper broke into once and 2 other attempts (that we know of) at hotels on our way out west.
Traveling with friends one year and they got their cargo trailer broke into and a bunch of gear including bows stolen from a hotel parking lot.

I was thinking about this thread this morning as I have had stuff stolen as well. Was thinking about starting a thread asking for people's thoughts on safer places to stay while traveling out west. Hotels, campgrounds, towns to avoid, etc... The vrbo and Airbnb business is doing so well, I am wondering if that would be a better option for one night rather than an interstate hotel. We usually will end up stopping somewhere in south Dakota or Nebraska depending on the route we take.

I was thinking about this thread this morning as I have had stuff stolen as well. Was thinking about starting a thread asking for people's thoughts on safer places to stay while traveling out west. Hotels, campgrounds, towns to avoid, etc... The vrbo and Airbnb business is doing so well, I am wondering if that would be a better option for one night rather than an interstate hotel. We usually will end up stopping somewhere in south Dakota or Nebraska depending on the route we take.

I would say it’s a better option than a hotel along a main drag.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back