Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Euro-skull question

fishing4sanity

A quick question on doing a euro bear skull. I left it in the de-greasing solution too long (or maybe it's normal) and the bottom jaw separated into, right in the front. What's the best glue for fixing the jaw and keeping teeth in place? Hoping to get a good solid fix without any visible glue or discoloration. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Let me preface by saying I had no idea what I was doing and still don't.

When I did my own bear skull, I just used super glue for everything and it seemed to work fine and not damage any of the bone. Not visible either.

The only trouble with super glue is it often just soaks into the bone and doesn't bond. If you can get super glue gel it works better. I'm sure there are experts more qualified than me but I do clean around 200 skulls a year and have been doing so for 7 years, so I've learned a thing or two.

Euro-skull results

Again thanks for responses to my earlier questions. I learned if you do two bear skulls at a time and a lot of the teeth come out, it's more of a puzzle than doing one skull at a time. Also, dermestid beetles are slow, but they do a great job - but they can create quite the odor issue. I was happy with how they turned out.

Attachments

• Bear Skulls.jpg
    Bear Skulls.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 299

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back