Episode #14 - Corey Jacobsen

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it is time for some podcasts that are on the upbeat end of the spectrum. No politics in this podcast, just a ton of fun with two hunting buddies telling stories. A few that are informative and full of good laughs. This podcast with Corey Jacobsen is just that, and even some other insights, like Fin's "grouse problem."

Corey and I talk a lot about our individual hunting strategies, lessons we learned in our 25+ years of elk hunting, and what we have coming up in the next few months. I think you will like this one.

Here are the links:

And if you don't want to download to a device and would rather listen on your computer, go to the Stitcher link above and listen directly from there.

Thanks for listening. Our podcast is climbing up the ladder of all outdoor podcasts, thanks to all of you. If you would be so kind as to share these podcast links with friends or on your social media links, it would help us out a lot. Appreciate all of your support.

It certainly sounded like you guys were having a good time.

I really enjoyed this one. Randy, can you link the article of yours that Corey spoke about reading, before he took his son out hunting? Also, what was the book you mentioned on elk (behavior, diet, makeup, etc)?

I really enjoyed this one. Randy, can you link the article of yours that Corey spoke about reading, before he took his son out hunting? Also, what was the book you mentioned on elk (behavior, diet, makeup, etc)?

It was an article that I wrote when he had Extreme Elk magazine. Not sure if it is online anywhere. It is at the core of the seminars I do. Which we are recording as a web series that will go to YouTube this summer.

As for the book on elk ecology and behavior, it is by Jack Ward Thomas. See this link - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...RYMBQ&ref_=as_sl_pc_ss_til&tag=onyouownadv-20

Was a fun listen to Randy and Corey on a January night in northern Minnesota - with a couple drinks and a bowl of popcorn. Got the elk itch going! And off to ice fishing in the morning for a couple walleyes - what a guy has to do...

Really enjoyed this one BF, have a lot of respect for both you and Cory. The conservation/political podcasts are definitely needed and beneficial, but have to say I really enjoy hearing a couple of guys having a good time and talking about hunting.

I really liked this one Randy.
It was like I was just across the room and was part of the discussion/fly on wall....don't know how many times I nodded and laughed,at myself. I just did that rookie mistake this year vision goes thru your head.
I do have the personal experience of chatting elk and such with you for a brief time this year in person when you were down for your antelope hunt and can attest that was ,"just Randy" and always figured Corey J. was pretty much the same.
I have enjoyed Elk 101 & the magazines he is associated with for a while now. Before I found HT even. So 2 of modern elk huntings most common sense, knowledgeable guys there are in my book,is gold.
And you are the real deal,walk the walk.
Thanks again for all you do Randy.

PS,I feel somewhat honored I have a BF HT used hunt pack and it still works...hah.
I loved the scenic recognizable view deal too. More like 75/80 miles away you were hunting at times.

Big Fin,
Love the podcast I've listened to all of them. In the latest Corey talked reading some material you wrote about the "5 elk seasons" (pre rut, rut,....) if I remember correctly. ... Is that material available online... you got a linky? My apologies if this is same piece that Southern Elk asked about.

Thanks and Be Safe,

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back