Episode 119 - Ted Roosevelt IV

I was already surprised by all the talk about climate change theories. But, then about 41 minutes in T.R. IV brings up a comparison to the Taliban. Am I the only one who was shocked by that?

Jmnhunter

I really enjoyed the episode, but I dont recall that part of the conversation, i was cutting up my deer though so may have missed that part.

Bigjav

I think it’s absolutely hilarious that’s he’s for “common sense gun laws” and then was surprised when he had to register a bolt gun because it has a thumb hole stock or that his grandkid can’t even carry a long gun...WTF did he think was going to happen with “common sense gun laws” 🤡

OverlordBear

There are such a thing as common sense gun laws. Like accountability for failing to secure firearms. Or actually enforcing penalties for straw purchases for felons who buy weapons through legal purchases. And actually punishing people who commit crimes with firearms by mandatory prison sentences and death penalties for murderers..... But I am guessing those arent the laws people are ready to support.

Bigjav

There are such a thing as common sense gun laws. Like accountability for failing to secure firearms. Or actually enforcing penalties for straw purchases for felons who buy weapons through legal purchases. And actually punishing people who commit crimes with firearms by mandatory prison sentences and death penalties for murderers..... But I am guessing those arent the laws people are ready to support.
Well being from a state that is ran by idiots “common sense” quickly morphs into something totally different than what you’re picturing. In the example he discussed in the podcast where a thumb hole stock on a bolt gun being considered a “feature” is completely asinine, yet it’s part of what is considered “common sense”. Like he said in the podcast sometimes we get the government we deserve

Jmnhunter

Well being from a state that is ran by idiots “common sense” quickly morphs into something totally different than what you’re picturing. In the example he discussed in the podcast where a thumb hole stock on a bolt gun being considered a “feature” is completely asinine, yet it’s part of what is considered “common sense”. Like he said in the podcast sometimes we get the government we deserve
Wasn't he venting to the fact how it was not indeed part of common sense laws he supports; he pretty much said its an uphill battle to pass his version of "common sense" laws in NY. He had another example on how kids cant touch a gun for hunting purposes until the age of 12 and how frustrating it can be

hossblur

Pretty arrogant. Dudes flies from NY to Wyoming to fish? Tgen lectures about climate change.

Flies into Alaska jumps 2 planes then yaps about Prudoe Bay?

How many tons of carbon is he responsible for yearly while lecturing us little people about it?

I grow tired of the folks "a little better, or smarter" whose actions don't match their voices.

Bigjav

Wasn't he venting to the fact how it was not indeed part of common sense laws he supports; he pretty much said its an uphill battle to pass his version of "common sense" laws in NY. He had another example on how kids cant touch a gun for hunting purposes until the age of 12 and how frustrating it can be
My point exactly, what’s common sense for you could be anarchy for others. Both of his gripes with NY gun laws have their roots in “common sense” laws which clearly are anything but