Enclosed Trailer for hunting questions!

Now that looks like something I would build if I was going that route. I like it. But that reminds, I suggest you flip the springs on the axels for more ground clearance. Put the springs above the axels. Some trailers you wouldn't have to worry about it but you can see this one has low clearance and its pretty long so it will drag on some roads. My 22 foot flatbed would drag a lot when I would get firewood and it had more clearance than this one. Just about got me stuck a time are two. Makes me want to go 4wheelen.

Now that looks like something I would build if I was going that route. I like it. But that reminds, I suggest you flip the springs on the axels for more ground clearance. Put the springs above the axels. Some trailers you wouldn't have to worry about it but you can see this one has low clearance and its pretty long so it will drag on some roads. My 22 foot flatbed would drag a lot when I would get firewood and it had more clearance than this one. Just about got me stuck a time are two. Makes me want to go 4wheelen.

No Springs, it has torsion Axles, I've had it on the Mountain RDs in Montana 3 times now, I haven't had any clearance issues yet.

easy living in that trailer! I have friends that use their trailers in the same way chasing snow geese in the spring. They all said avoid the roof vent because they will only leak sooner or later... Just their opinion!

easy living in that trailer! I have friends that use their trailers in the same way chasing snow geese in the spring. They all said avoid the roof vent because they will only leak sooner or later... Just their opinion!

I have 2 and can’t imagine camping without them. Moisture management is tough and the exposed parts of the walls will sweat just sleeping overnight. If your cooking in it or making coffee it only gets worse. I run a small electric heater and boot dryers at night. If I didn’t have fresh air vents at the bottom and roof vents to create a cross flow of air it we would have mildew problems starting.

I can haul my ATV plus a buddies in the back of my truck. I have a way to move my mower over to my folks house to mow during the summer. It was also quite a bit cheaper than a travel trailer and we didn’t need all the fancy stuff they came with for a once or twice a year use as a hard sided tent.

I can haul my ATV plus a buddies in the back of my truck. I have a way to move my mower over to my folks house to mow during the summer. It was also quite a bit cheaper than a travel trailer and we didn’t need all the fancy stuff they came with for a once or twice a year use as a hard sided tent.

Hmmm... What I have is an 80's vintage bumper pull. Cost minimal. Refurbished by me. Axle flip, everything works, and a generator. All the comforts. I don't have a UTV/ATV. No use for one. I haven't used it on a hunting trip yet. As I age, I'm getting closer to dragging it around. mtmuley

I have 2 and can’t imagine camping without them. Moisture management is tough and the exposed parts of the walls will sweat just sleeping overnight. If your cooking in it or making coffee it only gets worse. I run a small electric heater and boot dryers at night. If I didn’t have fresh air vents at the bottom and roof vents to create a cross flow of air it we would have mildew problems starting.

I totally insulated mine, floor, ceiling and walls, moisture isn't much of a problem in mine, I cook, shower and do everything in mine and use a Big Buddy for heat, usually camp between 6,500' and 7,100' with no issues at all. I have 2 small wall vents in mine about 3" each plus the roof vent. and I run a 3000 watt Honda Generator for power.

The difference between mine and a small RV is mine is also able to haul a ATV.
and IMHO a Roof vent is mandatory, like anything else you need to keep up on maintenance to prevent issues.

if I had it to do over again, I didn't know at the time they make a thin insulation about 1/8" to 1/4" thick that comes in rolls 3' or 4' wide R19 I think it is ?. that I would have put on the walls and ceiling before I put the sheeting up. along with the insulation between the studs.

Kevin

Last edited:
I have a 7x14 v nose Stealth ultra lite aluminum that I have converted 2 windows side door & roof vent . I insulated it wired it for 110 and 12 volt 16000 btu rv heater 2 batteries front cabinets folding table on side and 2 bunks that raise and lower so I can load 2 at some in. I am in process of flipping axels because equalizer hitch drags going in and out of gas stations.It has 3500 pound tandem axels and no problems I pull it 70-75 mph with 2017 f150 3.5 eco boost. a 16ft would have been better but this works but tight.

Where are you guys buying your accessory stuff for these trailers? Such as the lift able beds and windows etc? How hard to cut in a window? Are cabinets in the VNose the way to go for storing stuff. Also the foldable beds into the wall do they still allow enuff room in a 7 wide to pull in a side by side when folded up.

You can find most everything you want to know or buy on internet or u tube. Persionly I bought my trailer with windows and vent in. I made my own bunks that raise and lower an think front v nose is best place for cabinets.John

We decided to got with 5200# axles. Narrowing down our other options but are close to ordering an H&H trailer. Insulated ceiling, walls, floors. 4000# ramp, electrical outlet, round top, V nose, tall enough to get a Polaris Ranger in it. Deciding between 8 and 8 1/2 feet wide right now. Anybody have an 8.5 wide one? how does it pull?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back