Elk tag in ND

Sunkneedaz

My daughter drew an elk tag in E1W , have tried contacting several lands owners about hunting on their land, we have not heard from a single one. Opener is Oct 4th. Any suggestions?

My daughter drew an elk tag in E1W , have tried contacting several lands owners about hunting on their land, we have not heard from a single one. Opener is Oct 4th. Any suggestions?
Never heard of anyone have any trouble getting on up there for elk . What do you mean they haven’t got back to you ? Drive up there , knock on doors and tell them the situation I guarantee you’ll find a place to hunt

If I was a landowner in that area I would not return your call. You're a stranger and I have concerns about liability and what kind of character you were. Show up in person and ring some doorbells. Seriously, you have a female hunter with you - someone is bound to say yes. Even easier if it's a female hunter under age 25. I used to live in ND and this is hands down the easiest place I have ever seen to get permission from private landowners of the six states I've lived in. You're at least 10 times more likely to gain permission in person vs. email/phone. Worst case scenario in ND you can hunt ANY private property that is not posted, so I guess you could just drive around scouting next weekend and find some ground that isn't posted.

If I was a landowner in that area I would not return your call. You're a stranger and I have concerns about liability and what kind of character you were. Show up in person and ring some doorbells. Seriously, you have a female hunter with you - someone is bound to say yes. Even easier if it's a female hunter under age 25. I used to live in ND and this is hands down the easiest place I have ever seen to get permission from private landowners of the six states I've lived in. You're at least 10 times more likely to gain permission in person vs. email/phone. Worst case scenario in ND you can hunt ANY private property that is not posted, so I guess you could just drive around scouting next weekend and find some ground that isn't posted.
Exactly

that is true and good advice. Just know some land owners care and some don’t. Be prepared to talk to angry landowners if you do so. I’m from nodak we did that a lot for waterfowl not to much big game. When we went out west we went to local bars and talked to guys and got on stuff. Also scouting and finding elk then use onx and go to there house most people are good and will let you hunt. I know the Medora area better, not to familiar with this unit. I know my brother in law hunted elk with his little brother a few years back but I’m pretty sure it was around Medora.

Knock on the door... maybe bring some fencing pliers and some beer.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back