Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Elk River, Minnesota

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
My grand parents on mother's side lived outside of Roger's. Growing up and visiting in the 70s, it was like Mayberry. Haven't been there for over 30 years. Probably been swallowed up by the Twin Cities and would no longer recognize a thing.

My grand parents on mother's side lived outside of Roger's. Growing up and visiting in the 70s, it was like Mayberry. Haven't been there for over 30 years. Probably been swallowed up by the Twin Cities and would no longer recognize a thing.
Your assumption is accurate. Not completely wall to wall developments but not far from it.

I lived in Monticello for 5+ months in 2011 between grad school and starting work full time. A jet boat would be fun on the rivers in that area. A lot of great local lakes for fishing too.

I grew up in Albertville and my parents still live there. It's a really nice area, and there used to be some 'secret' spots I had for fishing/hunting back in the 90's, but I haven't been back enough to know if/what changed.

Wild, I had no idea there were so many northwest metro HT posters on here. I grew up in Monticello and my parents live on the river in town still.

Some guys grind the river for ducks/geese and do okay but I've long given up on that, given up on getting permission to hunt fields as well. Very difficult to get access in that area but could probably be done if that's all you wanted to do. But at least in ER you can run out to western MN quicker for bird hunting than you can in Roch.

Not trying to be super negative, because the fishing from Clearwater to ER is pretty damn good. It's a nice area overall and you'll be in a good place to go up north or out west for the weekend.
82608C3C-8AA4-4650-B2B0-1B1F33B8F307.jpeg
The waterfowl and eagle watching between Monti and ER is pretty awesome. I’m looking at the river now while enjoying a glass wine. Doesn’t get much better….well it does when we start hammering those big smallmouth on fly rods👍

View attachment 218260
The waterfowl and eagle watching between Monti and ER is pretty awesome. I’m looking at the river now while enjoying a glass wine. Doesn’t get much better….well it does when we start hammering those big smallmouth on fly rods👍
Leaving my fiancé to deal with her future in-laws by herself while I fly fish the river behind my parents place is a a semi-major source of strife in our relationship.

Yep! But hey, at least you can stop at Cabelas for your favorite nick nack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back