Elk results tomorrow for WY

how many of y'all had put in for general? what was your point situation?

i guess i'll really be able to know once they post the odds, but no dice yet on that

I struck out on the GEN with 2 points (Regular draw).

My archery partner and his dad+cousin drew the GEN in Special with 0 and 1 points respectively (they split up for the app). He has drawn GEN (Special) 3 years in a row now.

Good luck to everyone going!

I'm guessing fewer people applied this year if you got a general tag with one point this year. I'm pretty sure it took 2 points last year. I was nervous about getting my first WY elk tag this year with myself at 4 pp and another guy at 1 pp = 5/2 = 2.5 pp each on a general elk party application. Sounds like 2 pp was a lock then maybe.

I just wanted to publicly thank Muskeez. He applied as a party with one of our Vets wanting to participate in the Vet Hunt this fall. He very unselfishly stuck with the drawing after another member pulled out of the party. He could of easily pulled out and taken his points to a limited draw next year. Without his help the Vet only had a chance in the random. I wish Muskeez the best of luck this fall and may the bulls be plentiful.

I just wanted to publicly thank Muskeez. He applied as a party with one of our Vets wanting to participate in the Vet Hunt this fall. He very unselfishly stuck with the drawing after another member pulled out of the party. He could of easily pulled out and taken his points to a limited draw next year. Without his help the Vet only had a chance in the random. I wish Muskeez the best of luck this fall and may the bulls be plentiful.
Thank you Muskeez

No go for me but I didn't have any points either. Good hunting to those that drew. 🦌

Dad and I drew our cow tags. Pretty good that we have put in for it twice and drew twice with less than 10%odds. Had to turn the last tags back in because of forest fires. Hopefully will draw our 2 doe antelope tags and our muledeer tags. Could be a very "meaty" fall if so.
With the current costs and limits imposed on meat from stores, that's a good situation to look forward to.

how many of y'all had put in for general? what was your point situation?

i guess i'll really be able to know once they post the odds, but no dice yet on that

Wyoming is really good about that. They generally post the odds the same day they post the results.

They are already posted. Looks like 3 points was a guaranteed draw in the regular priced drawing for general tags and 2 points in the special draw for a general tag was a guarantee.

Someone burned 8 points for a general tag in the special draw and looks like 2 guys burned > 12 points for a general tag in the regular draw.

Wyoming is really good about that. They generally post the odds the same day they post the results.

They are already posted. Looks like 3 points was a guaranteed draw in the regular priced drawing for general tags and 2 points in the special draw for a general tag was a guarantee.

Someone burned 8 points for a general tag in the special draw and looks like 2 guys burned > 12 points for a general tag in the regular draw.

Looks like the point creep continues though, last year 2 points had 27% chance and <3 had 100%, this year 0% for 2 points and 58% with <3. Wonder how much more it would have creeped without covid.

If anyone is familiar with unit 100 I’d like to chat about some logistics/camping spots.

Back