Elk Pack Performance!

I just picked up the Badlands 2800. Most valued (as petty as it is) the sticted in holster within the waist belt. Fits the Taurus Judge - GREAT!

Has enough to pack what I want and has the ability to pack a rifle / bow - in the same area can also pack the shoulder / ham... Oh, nicely fit is hydration pouch to boot.

I DIG Mystery Ranch packs... though out of my league $$$ wise.

The Badlands was $220.

2800_4.png

Just returned my x2 to linton outdoors for the same reason as well as several others. Not adjustable for my tall frame and I don't like the scabbard hanging off the side. I much prefer the gun being right behind your back lime their other models. Ihave a mini me that I've had for a couple of years, really like it for local whitetail hunting. Going to try dragonfly and see if it works better than the x2.

Camp fire had the bc barbarian for 160 a few days ago and I'm kicking myself for not jumping on it. Hard to beat 55% off.

Last edited:
I wrapped the frame in electrical tape and it appears to be much better?didnt have athletic tape,,,do you think that would make a difference?

retried it with electrical tape and it still isnt cutting the cake,,,reswitched back to my other pack for the rest of this season.

I got my Blue Widow on Thursday. Adjusted the torso length to fit and got it set up. Unfortunately not hauling any meat over the weekend as our seasons have not started yet but did haul several stands and it worked fantastic. I really like this bag so far and cant wait to put some elk and mule deer in it next year.

I too picked up an X2 lately, and loved the feel of it, but did some moving around to check on the creaking, and that was a deal breaker. I took it back a few days later. Disspointed, this pack would have fit my need perfectly. It's a shame a person can't try on a MRCC, I bet they would sell more, but I'm not shelling out that much to have to order it and try it out, even though I could send it back, still the hassle.

was able to return the x-2 back to linton.com and was able to trade for a blacks creek g-7 pack,,,chad linton took care of problem ,,,good company to work with.

I used my MR crew cab and longbow on my elk hunt this September. I used the crew cab while archery deer hunting and scouting for my elk the first week, then switched to the longbow for the second week. Both are awesome packs, but I think I enjoyed carrying my longbow a little bit better.

Here it is packing out my head and horns...
P1030586_EXP_CR.jpg

Ron

I gained even MORE appreciation for my crew cab on my moose hunt this year. Sorry, not an elk. But that crew cab is so comfortable and Soooo easy to load with about anything, its unreal! You can load a bag of meat or a quarter and have it cinched tight and on your way in about 30 seconds... then when you get to the truck, it takes 15 seconds to unload!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back