Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk mountain tents

bambam26

I am going to make the plunge on a wall tent and stove I am looking at The Elk Mtn. tents. Does anyone have one that can share there feelings about them? Thanks

Not familiar with them. If you can see one in person, and like 'em that counts for a lot.

Behind the keyboard, I feel more comfortable with some name brands like Montana Canvas, Reliable tent, etc... Just first impressions, and perhaps more of a reflection on the website design and layout.

Just bought my first wall tent from an outfit in Moscow ,Idaho_On line they are called "the wall tent shop".I bought a 10'x12' Wilderness tent with full stove package and a fly for $1100 w/free shipping.This tent came with the angle bracket package but I cut the pipe to fit.Used it this last week-end and was so happy to NOT be in a cold camp for the first time.They have a good informative site ,much more extensive than Montana Canvas(just down the road from me).

I have a 12x18 Davis tent that I bought in 2009,I use this tent atleast two months each year and have not had any problems with it.Setting up by myself is easy.Very comfortable for three people,All cooking is done in cook shack.
Two things to consider when choosing size,Bigger is better,Do I have room to set up for drying after getting back.

My stove is a Kwik Kamp Inferno and it does well,I have used the smaller (Blaze) stove it was just a bit to small,,it is nice to wake up in the morning and still have a fire burning.

I hope this is of some help.

www.walltentshop.com/

I took this picture the day I first set the tent up in my yard.It needed some fine tuning with frame/pole length,but I got it pretty well dialed in.The stove is a Wilderness deluxe model 3.

Attachments

• 20131109_165514.jpg
    20131109_165514.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 4,197
RLS- Thanks for the info, I will be setting up by my self at times so its good to know I can do a tent that big.
Hem what brand is your tent? I looked at that sight and it seems they sell a few?

I have a tent From David Ellis canvas in Colorado. I really like the small details he add over the basic canvas tents. The awning over the door on the range tent I have is much better than the basic teepee designs. Might want to give them a look.

www.copwboycamp.net

I have a Montana canvas 12x17. it is terrific. I can set it up by myself in about 45 minutes. that includes hammering all the stakes. taking it down and rolling it up are a pain though. go to home depot or lowes and buy outdoor carpeting for your floor. you'll be happy you did. always set it up at home after your trip to dry it out.

I bought the Wilderness 10'x12'.Its easy to set up by yourself(that was my criteria).I found that the angle bracketts included have longer holes to receive the pipe which gives the frame more structural integrity when erectiing by yourself.It is worth checking the link and reading all the information about tents,stoves etc. The owners name is Rich,I think, he was very helpful on the phone when discussing details.At the very least his site gives all the information one might need to know, this will help you with your purchase, whichever company you decide on.The size I chose would fit three cots in a pinch with a small table and of course the stove.Rich recommended tracing a tent size on your driveway and equipping it with the gear to see what size would be best.Lots of practical info. like this on his site.

Man I went to the opening of Bass Pro today in CoSpgs and they had an Arctic Oven tent on display and WTF? I just don't get it ....you could buy two canvas tents for what it costs. Holy crap. Is there something I missed?

They are designed to withstand REALLY nasty weather. They are a unique use, probably something only a few would use.

Any of you guys run the large Tipi style tents with stoves?

I have used a stove in my range tent which is a Tee Pee style. I really like the awning on this model which keeps the weather out and holds up really well in the wind.

Attachments

• range_tent14.jpg
    range_tent14.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 4,540
  • range_tent2.jpg
    range_tent2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 3,799
A lot of guys up here in Alaska use the Cabela's Alaskan Guide tents. We have a new Cabela's opening up this spring. An 8 man version is on my wish list. I'll add a stove jack, find me a light weight little stove and have a pretty killer set up for keeping the family warm for river trips and car camping.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back