Elk hunting question

Pmr1969

Having hip surgery just wondering everyone opinion.which state is easier on the body for elk hunting I know it's all rough country but which state is a little more forgiving on the body

I’ve only ever hunted elk in Colorado, but I think it isn’t necessarily a question of what state is best. You can find rugged elk country in any state.
I think that the later season migration type hunts are what you’re looking for. Generally, winter range is much easier terrain to hunt than the high elevation summer/fall elk habitat.

I’ve only ever hunted elk in Colorado, but I think it isn’t necessarily a question of what state is best. You can find rugged elk country in any state.
I think that the later season migration type hunts are what you’re looking for. Generally, winter range is much easier terrain to hunt than the high elevation summer/fall elk habitat.
Thank you for your input these are the answers I'm looking for .late season I imagine the animals are lower if I get what you are saying

Yes, traditionally the elk are lower and in less steep terrain in the later seasons.
The downside is that you will usually have to deal with lots of snow. And those tags are often either heavily pressured or are hard to draw. Everyone likes the idea of an “easy” elk hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back